We suggest you choose a Short Name for each Property – perhaps the initial of the words, and adding that to the name of each unit type and unit within that property.
- This will allow you to distinguish unit types or units that may otherwise appear the same. To give you an example, you could have Cambridge City Apartments (CCA), CCA-1 Bed, CCA-01. You may wish to adopt a more complex notation for the unit type, for example, CCA-1B1B-4-1ZL1SB could stand for Cambridge City Apartments – 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom – Sleeps 4 – 1 Zip & Link Bed, 1 Sofabed. This conveys most of the information about the Unit Type that you could need and will be displayed in various parts of the system such as various multi-unit calendars or in the rate setting under Rates. Short Names are only viewed by the users and the guests can not see them.
- Open the Property you created in View Mode, and create the Unit Types (e.g. 1-bedroom apartment) for that Property. You can’t use the same Unit Type name for more than one property – if you want to call them the same thing, add the property’s short name before the Unit Type name.
- Open the Unit Types you created in View Mode, add all the necessary information, and then create Units (e.g. CCA-01 unit with the door number on it) within the Unit Type.
The important things besides the red asterix’s you should add at the Unit Type level are here.
By default, Nightly Plans is available for your organisation; however, in Zeevou Set -> Organisation Configuration, you can enable Weekly and Monthly Rates as well.
In Listings-> Unit Types, if you Create Single Unit Unit Type, you can set Nightly/Weekly/Monthly Security Deposit Amount for Unit Type under General title.
If you forget to set any Security Deposit Amount in your rate plans, the amount you set for Security Deposit Amount in Unit Type will be applied.
Then under Rate Plan title, you need to make sure at least one Rate Plan is set for your unit type. You also can add Nightly/Weekly/Monthly Rate Plans.
– Adding the Rate Plan, you can set a Name for it, choose whether it is going to be your default Rate Plan, and determine its Type.
– For Min Stay field, please note that if you choose weekly and monthly rate plans, the Min Stay cannot be less than 7 nights for weekly and 28 nights for monthly types.
– Then you need to fill Max Stay, Min Guests, Max Guests, Default Rate, Extra Guest Fee, and Add-Ons.
– Please note that only Nightly Rate Plans can be mapped with Zeevou Channels at the moment. Weekly and Monthly Rate Plans and Rates can only be applied to your Zeevou booking engine and direct bookings.