Data Flow Diagram
The below flow diagram represents the flow of data between Zeevou and Xero.
Linking with Xero
1. Sign up with Xero.
2. Log in to Zeevou Hub.
3. Under Settings -> System Integrations, click on Xero and click on Connect to Xero.
4. Enter your login details.
5. Click on Allow Access.
6. If the integration is successful, you should see a success message.
Pulling data from Xero
Step 1: Pull your Chart of Accounts from Xero
Under Settings -> Chart Of Accounts, click on the Sync Accounts button.
This will pull all the details from your Chart of Accounts in Xero.
Step 2: Set Accounting Schema
Next, click on Accounting Schema under Settings. Zeevou’s Accounting Schema contains predefined place-holders and uses them for different kinds of invoice posting to Xero.
Step 3 (Optional): Sync Tracking Categories
1. First, you need to sync Tracking Categories Xero and map them to their related entities in Zeevou. Go to Settings -> Xero Tracking Categories:
2. Click on Sync Tracking Categories. As a result, all the categories which you have defined in Xero will be pulled into Zeevou.
3. Once the categories have synced, choose the target entity types by inline editing. Currently there are three target types: Property, Unit Type, and Unit. Select each type, open, and edit it.
4. Next, you need to click on Sync Tracking Category Options on the top right-hand corner of the page. After that your tracking options will be downloaded from server and related grid on this page will be filled with mentioned data.
Please remember that every time you update Xero tracking categories OR tracking category options on Xero website, you should sync them on Listings from Settings -> Xero Tracking Categories.
Step 4: Sync Tax Schemas
To post the Tax details of invoices to Xero, you need to Sync Tax Schemas with Xero.
Under Settings -> Tax Schemas, click on Sync Tax Rates With Xero button.
Posting Invoices to Xero
Zeevou can post invoices to Xero once a guest checks out. Before that point, the invoice in Zeevou is kept as a draft invoice (pro-forma), and it cannot be posted to Xero yet as there may be changes to the booking before the guest leaves. To post invoices to Xero, you also need to have set up Investor Deals. Once you have done so, click on Finances -> Guest Invoices and open the relevant invoice. You should see an option on the top right “Post to Xero”. Once posted, you can click on the Remote Invoice No. to check if the details have been sent across correctly. If you want invoices to be sent for every booking that you mark as checked-out, visit Settings -> Organisation Configuration and tick “Auto-Post Invoices To Xero” under “Invoice & Xero Configuration”.
How can I disconnect from Xero?
Under Settings -> System Integrations, scroll to Xero and click on Disconnect from Xero. You will see the red button turn to a green Connect to Xero button once successful.