There are Five main status for security deposit: Not-authourised, Awaiting Authorisation (Link), Pre-authorised, Released, and Captured.
1. Not-authorised is shown for the below conditions:
– Not-authorised is shown when the deposit has not been authorised. Guests may not have attempted to authorise the deposit or their attempts were not successful.
– Not-authorised (Saved Card) is shown when guests have agreed to use the same card details, they used for payment, for deposits. Their card details will be saved in the system and deposit will be authorised on the specified date.
– Not-authorised (not applicable) is shown when the deposit amount is zero.
– Not-authorised (guaranteed by channel) is shown when the booking came in Zeevou from channels and guest do not need to authorise any deposit in Zeevou as it is guaranteed by channel.
2. Awaiting Authorisation (Link) is shown when the link is available but the guest has not authorised the deposit yet.
3. Pre-authorised is shown when the deposit is authorised. This step will be done based on the details you have set in Settings->Organisation Configuration-> Deposit Timeline.
In setting your preferred details in Organisation Configuration, please note that base on the payment gateway you are using there may be some default setting for automatically releasing the deposit.
For example, Stripe deposits are automatically released after 7 days. Thus, if you set Pre- Authorisation Point on booking date, depends on the interval between Pre-Authorisation and guest arrival, you may have authorised or released deposits when guests arrive.
4. Released is shown when you do not capture all or part of the deposit and it is returned to the guest account. Deposit is released based on your setting in Settings->Organisation Configuration->Deposit Timeline.
5. Captured is shown when you capture all or part of a guest deposit. You can capture the deposit in the booking view page through Finance button.