There are seven main statuses for security deposits: Not-Authorised, Not Applicable, Guaranteed by Channel, Authorised, Released, Charged, and Partially Charged.
- Not-Authorised is shown when:
– the deposit has not been authorised. Guests may not have attempted to authorise the deposit or their attempts have not been successful.
– guests have agreed to use the same card details they used for payment for deposits. Their card details will be saved in the system and deposit will be authorised on the specified date.(Saved Card)
- Not Applicable is shown when the required security deposit amount is zero.
- Guaranteed by Channel is shown when the booking is from channels, and guests do not need to authorise any deposit in Zeevou as it is guaranteed by the channel.
- Authorised is shown when the deposit is authorised. This step will be done based on the details you have set in Settings -> Organisation Configuration -> Deposit Timeline.
In setting your preferred details in Organisation Configuration, please note that, based on the payment gateway you are using, there may be some default settings for automatically releasing the deposit.
For example, Stripe deposits are automatically released after 7 days. Thus, if you set the Pre- Authorisation Point on the booking date, depending on the interval between Pre-Authorisation and guest arrival, you may have authorised or released deposits when guests arrive.
- Released is shown when you do not capture all or part of the deposit, and it is returned to the guest’s account. The security deposit is released based on your preferences in Settings -> Organisation Configuration -> Deposit Timeline.
- Charged is shown when you capture all of the guest’s deposit amount. You can capture the deposit in the booking view page through the Finance button.
- Partially Charged is shown when you capture a part of the guest’s deposit.