1. Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Data Flow Diagram
- Getting Started
2. Data Flow Diagram
The below flow diagram represents the flow of data between Zeevou and Xero.
3. Getting Started
Linking with Xero
- Sign up with Xero.
- Log in to Zeevou Hub.
- Under Zeevou Set -> System Integrations, scroll to Xero and click on Connect to Xero
- Enter your login details.
- Click on Allow Access.
- If the integration was successful, you should see a success message.
Pulling data from Xero
Step 1: Pull your Chart of Accounts from Xero
Under Zeevou Set, choose Chart Of Accounts and then click on the Sync Accounts button.
This will pull all the details from your Chart of Accounts in Xero.
Step 2: Set Accounting Schema
Next, click on Accounting Schema under Zeevou Set. Zeevou’s Accounting Schema contains predefined place-holders and uses them for different kinds of invoice posting to Xero.
Step 3: Sync Tracking Categories
- First, you need to sync Tracking Categories Xero and map them to their related entities in Zeevou. Go to Zeevou Set -> Xero Tracking Categories:
- Click on Sync Tracking Categories. As a result, all the categories which you have defined in Xero will be pulled into Zeevou.
- Once the categories have synced, choose the target entity types by inline editing. Currently there are three target types: Property, Unit Type, and Unit. Select each type, open, and edit it.
- Next, you need to click on Sync Tracking Category Options on the top right-hand corner of the page. After that your tracking options will be downloaded from server and related grid on this page will be filled with mentioned data.
Please remember that every time you update Xero tracking categories OR tracking category options on xero website, you should sync them on Zeevou Hub from Zeevou Set -> Xero Tracking Categories.
How can I post an invoice manually?
Make sure the booking has its status set to Checked Out. Create an invoice manually in Zeevou in the booking view, by clicking Download PDF Invoice.
View all Guest Invoices:
From Zeevou Pay menu, choose Guest Invoices. To post an invoice to Xero, select an invoice from the list of generated invoices and go to view mode.
- Click on Post to Xero.
- After posting to Xero, the Remote No field will be auto-populated with the Xero invoice number and the description field will show information about the posted invoice. If any error occurs during the posting process, the error message will be shown in the Post Info field.
- You should now be able to see the see posted invoices in Xero’s Invoices section.
- The Zeevou Booking Number will be shown as the invoice’s Reference along the top of the invoice.
How can I activate automatic invoice posting?
You can force Zeevou to generate booking invoices automatically a set number of days after check-out. The system can also post invoices automatically to Xero. We recommend that you try a few manually before activating this option.
To activate automatic invoice posting, simply go to
Zeevou Set → Organisation Configuration → Invoice & Xero Configuration
Click on the tick-boxes next to the following properties:
- Auto Post Invoices to Xero
- Auto Generate Invoice
Enter the number of days after check-out when you want the invoice to be auto-generated and posted across to Xero.
How can I disconnect from Xero?
Under Zeevou Set -> System Integrations, scroll to Xero and click on Disconnect from Xero. You will see the red button turn to a green Connect to Xero button once successful.