Last updated: May 28, 2023.
Welcome to Zeevou, a Property Management System (PMS) and Channel Manager. We are proud to be a global community supporting the growth of your hospitality business.
As Zeevou's services cater to individuals operating in the short-term rental business, it is necessary for us to collect and retain essential information concerning hosts, their staff, properties, reservations, and guests' data. This information is solely utilised for the purposes of business management. We guarantee that any disclosure of this data to third parties will be done with explicit consent from the host and authorised access.
Upon signing up for Zeevou and selecting one of our paid plans, it may be necessary for Zeevou to share your data with credit reference agencies in order to prevent fraudulent purchases during the order processing. We strictly adhere to PCI regulations by refraining from storing your credit card information within our database at the time of sign-up and purchase. Instead, we securely transmit this information to a payment gateway where it is stored in their highly secure vault. We receive encrypted tokens from the payment gateway for future usage of these credit cards, ensuring that only we have access to them and not any other party.
As we are a service provider to our customers, we also need to access their guest data on behalf of them. The data we collect about these guests consists of name, email address, phone number, address. We may also collect some further information as follows: their date of birth, passport ID and its expiry date, and driver licence number.
In addition to the information you provide to us directly, we may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Advertising or referring partners when you click through a link to be referred to our site or mobile app.
- Contacting us over the phone
- Voluntarily completing a customer survey or providing feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
Zeevou collects your data in order to:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Provide you with support, handle complaints and contact you when we believe it is necessary.
- Communicate with you, including sending you special offers, updates, and promotional messages, as well as news and content related to the short-term rental business.
- Reply to your messages that we receive through our website's chatbot.
- Keep our site safe and secure.
- Prevent fraud.
- Share relevant information with other parties using Zeevou to fulfil your order.
- Enforce Zeevou's Terms of Service and this Policy and prevent misuse of the service.
- Comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies and competent authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified.
- Take any action in any case of dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to the service.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you with content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, licence details, invoice, reminders, and similar cases. The contract may be with Zeevou directly or with a Zeevou partner.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our service.
Zeevou securely stores your data on Google Cloud Servers.
Zeevou will keep all your data for 5 years after the last point of subscription or interaction with our pages or service. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing all digital traces from our database.
At Zeevou, we prioritise data privacy and security. We store all of our data on secure Google database servers with strict security measures in place. These servers are accessible only through a private network, ensuring that no unauthorised parties can gain access to the data.
Moreover, we take additional steps to safeguard sensitive information related to guests and hosts. We encrypt all such data with a strong secret key before storing it in our database. This ensures that, even in the unlikely event of a security breach, the encrypted data remains indecipherable and inaccessible to intruders.
We also understand that secure data transfer between our users and our servers is of paramount importance. We employ SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protection to ensure the safety of all data submissions made through our forms. This means that any information submitted by our hosts and guests, including personal details, payment information, and other sensitive data, is protected by SSL encryption during transmission to our servers. SSL is an industry-standard security protocol that provides an extra layer of protection against unauthorised access, ensuring that our users’ data remains safe and secure at all times.
We are devoted to upholding the highest standards for data security and privacy. To maintain the safety and security of our users’ data, we regularly examine and update our security measures. So, our users can rest assured that the best security procedures are in place to safeguard their data.
Zeevou would like to send you information about our service and new features that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing emails, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right, at any time, to stop Zeevou from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at [email protected].
Zeevou would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Zeevou for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Zeevou correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Zeevou to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Zeevou erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Zeevou restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Zeevou’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Zeevou transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected], call us at: +44 (0)800 955 3 966,or write to us at: 1st Floor Kensington Chambers, 46/50 Kensington Pl, St Helier JE4 0ZE, Jersey.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Tracking your visits to our site
- Identifying your online activity in case you follow up with a phone call.
Although Zeevou’s Mobile App and our website is not developed for children use, there is no restriction for children to access it.
GDPR adds some new requirements regarding how companies should protect individuals’ personal data that they collect and process. It also raises the stakes for compliance by increasing enforcement and imposing greater fines for breach. Beyond these facts, it’s simply the right thing to do. We strongly believe that your data privacy is very important and we already have solid security and privacy practices in place that go beyond the requirements of this new regulation.
We are aware that if you are working with EU customers, you need to be able to provide them with the ability to access, update, retrieve and remove personal data. We’ve been set up as self service from the start and have always given you access to your data and your customers data. Our customer support team is here for you to answer any questions you might have about working with the API.
Email us at: [email protected].
Call us at: +44 (0)800 955 3 966.
Or write to us at: 15 Sherbourne Close, Cambridge, UK CB4 1RT.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Zeevou has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using the link below.