Elina vs Hospitable
This article examines Elina vs Hospitable by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from Elina’s and Hospitable’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, Elina has a rating of 4.5, with the highest score for Customer Service and Value for Money.
In Capterra, Hospitable has a rating of 4.8, with the highest score for Customer Service, Ease of Use, and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Hospitable as a Great tool with a 4.1 TrustScore.
Elina offers an Online Check-in feature which makes the booking process easier. With this feature:
- Guests can check or change their personal information and details needed for their stay.
- You can gather particulars about the guest, such as the flight number, or even personal info, including diet preferences, room temperature, or sorts of pillows.
- You can ask for an e-signature for your terms and conditions.
- You can ask for the upload of ID documentation.
- You can request and collect a photo of the lead guests.
Elina also allows you to upsell extras/add-ons on your bookings.
During Hospitable’s direct booking process, guests will go through the screens outlined below:
The primary guests need to provide their name, email, phone number, and billing address.
Guests must insert their card number, expiration date, and CVC. Hospitable currently accepts Visa and Mastercard.
For Direct Premium bookings, once guests have submitted their booking request, they will go through the Autohost guest vetting portal, during which guests must:
- Agree to damage protection policy terms.
- Verify their contact information, residence details, and birth date.
- Provide a valid government-issued ID (such as a driver’s licence, passport, or equivalent).
- Specify the purpose of their visit (e.g., business or leisure, special events, etc.).
Autohost will assess the provided data and associated metadata, and deliver feedback through the Inbox.
Hospitable will only decline a reservation if the guest is listed as banned or if a potential fraud risk is identified. You will receive a notification once the guest has finished using the guest portal, indicating that you may proceed with accepting the booking.
Credit Card Authorisation
After the guest submits their request, Hospitable verifies (but does not charge) their payment method to ensure it is valid for the full booking amount. Hospitable then sends the guest a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
Elina offers a 2-way XML connection for rates, availability, restrictions, and reservations. So, you can integrate with major OTAs, including Booking.com, Airbnb, HomeAway, Expedia, Agoda, HRS, Ctrip, Silverdoor, Mr and Mrs Smith, and Tripadvisor.
Elina’s channel manager updates the max length of stay automatically to remove split bookings. It also lets you control price mark-up by adjusting prices for OTAs and managing your availability per channel, using withholding rules and rolling booking windows.
Hospitable’s channel manager seamlessly connects with Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo, facilitating the synchronisation of data across all these booking platforms. It guarantees that your calendar’s availability and pricing information remain current and accurate.
Their channel manager can only connect to Airbnb, Vrbo, Booking.com, Homelidays, bookabach, Abritel, FeWo-direkt, and stayz.
Elina’s Task management includes:
- Daily housekeeping to-do list.
- Accessing future housekeeping tasks by days.
- Viewing order delivery list.
- Creating and managing maintenance requests.
Hospitable enables you to establish your own rules while the system autonomously delegates tasks. Your cleaning staff will be informed about upcoming cleanings, even for last-minute bookings. So, it eliminates the need for manual reminder notifications and saves you valuable time.
You can choose when, how, and who gets notified about new tasks. Notifications are available through email and SMS, as well as via an iCal feed or a daily summary.
Elina offers an Online Check-in feature that allows guests to have an easy verification process using their reservations ID and email.
Elina integrates with some door access and room control providers, such as My Booking Portal, Dissolving, and Livion Key to provide a convenient check-in and check-out experience for the guests.
Through Hospitable smart lock integrations, you can connect popular smart lock brands, such as Schlage, August, Yale, SmartThings, and RemoteLock apps with booking platforms and your personal website.
Hospitable generates and sends exclusive door access credentials to your confirmed guests just before their check-in. Additionally, once their reservation ends, the system automatically erases the unique code, preventing any unauthorised access after check-out.
- Elina offers the Easypro Websites for an extra fee.
- Elina sets up your secure SSL with a top-tier provider.
- You can unlock these websites to continue editing the design and coding.
- EasyPro automatically syncs all your content from Elina into your website.
- Their website is mobile-friendly.
- Ther website is PCI-compliant with secure payments.
- Elina’s built-in booking engine comes with extra fees.
- Elina integrates with Google Analytics, enabling you to track website performance.
- Elina provides three different account logins for the guest, the company/manager, and the rental owner.
Elina also offers a web design service for hotels, serviced apartments, and vacation rentals. The Elina website team build your direct booking website using the Umbraco content management system. They can also code, maintain, and host your website.
- Hospitable offers customisable website templates.
- Their website accepts custom domains.
- Hospitable website is optimised for desktop and mobile.
- They offer guest screening empowered by Autohost (for the Premium plan).
- Hospitable’s Direct Premium website offers £4M worth of damage protection (powered by SUPERHOG).
- You can receive credit card payments through your website during booking. Hospitable will take the hit on lost payment processing fees if a guest cancels.
- Sales and lodging taxes are automatically calculated and collected.
Hospitable offers two websites: Direct Premium and Direct Basic. Their pricing is different based on the number of properties. But the base price for businesses with less than 10 properties is £6/property for Direct Basic and £4/property for Direct Premium. Direct Premium has also a per-booking charge of 6% of the nightly rate and fees + £8.
Direct Basic is designed for hosts who are experienced in handling direct bookings and prefer a “do-it-yourself” approach. With this option, you can use site builder, booking widget, and tax collection features. Direct Premium includes the aforementioned features plus tax calculation, payment processing fees, guest vetting, and £4M damage protection.
- Allows use of custom codes to proactively offer guests to extend a reservation.
- Enables hosts to inform guests about the possibility of extending their stay automatically by sending a message only if the day before or after their booking is available.
- Elina’s booking engine includes a guest lounge. Guests obtain access to this lounge via a link in account activation.
- Elina PMS enables you to have as many automated emails as you want, including booking confirmation, guest login, travel directions, check-in info, terms and conditions, and pre- and post-arrival emails.
- Elina allows you to store marketing preferences.
- Elina also gives you access to pre- and post-stay contact info to build solid relationships with guests.
- After completing the booking process, Hospitable sends guests a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
- Hospitable offers AI-powered messaging, which is available in 29 languages.
- Hospitable provides pre-programmed answers to common questions.
- They instantly piece together your information and details about the reservation to send a quick response.
- Their integration with ChatGPT allows you to craft responses instantly.
Elina’s Online Check-in enables you to gather details about the guest, such as the flight number, or even personal info, including the guests’ photo, diet preferences, room temperature, sorts of pillows, etc.
This PMS allows you to:
- Access detailed guest info.
- Track guest preferences.
- View reservation history and the number of times a guest has stayed or booked.
Elina provides connections with Breezway and Room Checking for maintenance management and housekeeping.
With Hospitable, you have the ability to designate positions, such as Owner, Manager, Check-in, Concierge, Check-out, Cleaning, Laundry, and Maintenance for your team members.
You can also choose the particular functions and areas that your team members will be able to access.
Elina is a web-based platform and has not developed a mobile app yet.
The Hospitable mobile app has the same features as the desktop app.
With this app:
- You can communicate with your guests via the unified Inbox.
- You can view the week or month ahead on the integrated calendar.
- You can create and edit your messaging rules, question detection, and review settings in the Guest Experience section.
- You can personalise your messages by creating or editing your own custom codes or using their 70+ shortcodes.
- You can delegate tasks to other members of your team, automatically or manually, using the Operations section.
- You will get notifications in real-time whenever you receive a message in the Inbox.
Elina can work with properties all over the world. Each place can be set up differently, allowing you to have properties in any format you need. These are managed by categories known as “areas” and “types.”
Typically, an area would be a city or district, and then within those areas, a type would stand for either a single property or a group of similar properties.
Elina’s centralised management system keeps you in control of reservations, operations, and finance via single or multi-locations.
Operation tasks, such as invoicing, updating OTAs, guest communication, room pricing, and payments are automated by Elina.
Notes are allowed on Elina, so you can:
- Create and manage notes on reservations and internally assign to persons, and label key info.
- See notes history on the booking calendar.
- Attach notes to reservations, guests, companies, and properties.
- Hospitable enables you to simultaneously modify pricing and availability for several properties. And these adjustments will be pushed to your listings across all platforms.
- You have the option to include notes for a single day or for multiple days within the calendar. This functionality allows you to provide context for why a specific date is reserved or why you’ve adjusted the pricing for a particular day.
- You can link Hospitable.com webhooks with Zapier for enhanced automation of your business operations. These webhooks will be dispatched whenever you get a fresh booking or when there’s a modification in the reservation’s “status.”
Elina PMS allows you to create accounts for owners, so they can manage availability on their rentals, view their properties’ performance, and see bookings.
You can view owners’ profiles, including standard information, documents, multiple addresses, and notes history.
You can set up fixed, or percentage withholding and use this in monthly reports to property owners.
Depending on the configuration, you can give owners a number of free nights to take back without approval or upon request.
With Hospitable, you can assign the Owner role and select specific features and properties the owner can access.
You can make payments both online and in person by using ElinaPAY’s leading technology.
- Sends secure payment links
- Allows you to collect card and/or payment in the booking engine.
- Enables you to use online check-in to take payment from the guest before arrival.
- Lets you charge imported cards automatically, when the charge is due, or manually when required.
- Provides portable card payment terminals (PDQs) for in-person payments.
Hospitable complies with PCI Level 2 standards, and an Attestation of Compliance (AOC) can be provided upon request.
They neither handle nor retain credit card information from hosts when they make payments for Hospitable services.
For this, Hospitable delegates the responsibility of processing credit card and PayPal transactions to Braintree. Braintree is a trusted provider that facilitates online transactions for many businesses and adheres to PCI standards when it comes to securely storing and managing credit card data.
Hospitable does not handle or retain credit card information for Airbnb and Vrbo guests. For Booking.com guests, they store tokenised credit card details in accordance with PCI-DSS standards and delegate payment processing to Stripe.
Elina’s Today Dashboard shows:
- Today’s arrivals, departures, orders, and notes.
- Reservations made since yesterday, with a filter to see which are arriving today.
- Sources of bookings.
- Recommended actions.
Elina’s Yesterday Dashboard shows:
- Payments and invoices info and actions.
- Review of revenue and add-ons.
Elina’s Performance Dashboard shows:
- Monthly overview of occupancy, RevPAR, and ADR.
- Last month, current month, and next month’s bookings.
- You can export financial and operational data and then import them into your accounting and analytics software.
- You can customise your data filters to extract insights according to various criteria, including property, dates, guest identities, team members, and more.
Elina offers dynamic rate management using which you can edit rates, create dynamic rates, and link rates together.
In addition, Elina integrates with dynamic pricing tools, such as Beyond, PriceLabs, and OutPerform to eliminate manual rate updates.
Hospitable seamlessly integrates with Beyond and PriceLabs, enabling you to apply their dynamic pricing solution to all of your listings on VRBO, Airbnb, and Booking.com.
Elina’s built-in support is accessible from the Smarter PMS.
There are hundreds of step-by-step guides, videos, tips, and pointers.
Also, the system shares the new improvements, shows the product roadmap, and unveils the latest updates on partner services.
Hospitable support team is typically accessible 24/7 during the weekdays and offers extra assistance on weekends. You can get in touch with them by sending an email to [email protected] or engaging in a live chat.
They also provide Hospitable Hosts Workshops. These workshops cover a wide range of topics, from scaling up to handling emotional support and service animal requests.
Hospitable’s Unified Inbox pulls messages from Vrbo, Booking.com, and Airbnb inbox into one centralised inbox.
They gather all the necessary information, including guest reviews, ratings, and location details, ensuring that both you and the software have the essential data required to provide timely and welcoming responses.
Your responses seem to originate from the same platform where guests interacted with you. So, they won’t need to use a different application or communication channel.
You can get a pricing quote by giving some information about your business on Elina’s pricing page.
Features like the booking engine, channel manager, online check-in, and direct booking website come with extra fees.
Hospitable offers a subscription-based pricing model, with prices starting at £30 per month for two listings. After the first two, users only pay for listings that receive bookings on each given billing month.
Elina vs Hospitable: Which Property Management System to Choose?
Elina is a comprehensive software that effectively manages hotels, vacation rentals, and serviced apartments. Its user-friendly interface enables staff to navigate the system quickly and easily. Elina offers a variety of features, including real-time inventory management, automated invoicing, and reservation tracking, which boost property managers’ productivity and save time. However, Elina’s price is higher than other property management systems, as some features come with additional charges. Besides that, the absence of the Unified Inbox feature in Elina may make you reconsider choosing this software.
Hospitable primarily serves smaller enterprises, particularly independent landlords and smaller property management companies with a minimum of two rental properties. So, its services are designed to be straightforward and uncomplicated. Its flexible and transparent pricing enables users to only pay for listings that are actively rented and know exactly how much they will be charged each month. However, their direct booking website comes with additional costs and some features are only available in the Direct Premium plan. In addition, Hospitable has no direct contact number for its support team, so all communication takes place through email or online chat.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.