Guesty vs Tokeet
This article examines Guesty vs Tokeet by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from Guesty’s and Tokeet’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, Guesty has a rating of 4.5, with the highest score for Ease of Use.
Trustpilot introduces Guesty as an Excellent tool with a 4.6 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Tokeet has a rating of 3.7, with the highest score for Customer Service and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Tokeet as an Excellent tool with a 4.5 TrustScore.
Guesty automates collecting guest information and verifying reservation details, Check-in Forms, rental agreements that explain your terms and conditions, and collecting guests’ e-signatures.
Guesty’s integration with CheKin allows the automatic collection of necessary documentation from guests, directs relevant information to the authorities, and allows guests to check in online ahead of time.
Automata in Tokeet has been developed to provide a certain amount of automation. It automates activities from check-in to check-out. You get a workflow of tasks organised by Automata to provide a list of all the services needed for a reservation received. Check Automata here.
Tokeet uses Signature, a document management tool, to facilitate getting guests’ signatures. With Signature, you can send the contract to the guests and get notified when the document is signed.
Guesty provides integrations with 60 different marketing platforms or channels. Almost every single channel uses a 2-way API connection instead of 1-way or an iCal connection.
Guesty has direct integrations with six online booking platforms, including Airbnb, Booking.com, Agoda, TripAdvisor, HomeAway and Misterb&b.
By using Guesty:
- You will access an auto-pricing tool which automatically adjusts prices across all booking platforms according to your specifications.
- You can use the official, step-by-step, Guesty-guided connection process for integrating with various OTAs.
- For Airbnb Integration, if you already have an Airbnb account, the integration takes about 5 minutes, and within 24 hours, all of your data from your Airbnb account or multiple accounts are pulled into Guesty.
Tokeet has two types of connection for channels: API (Airbnb, Booking.com and Expedia) and iCal.
N.B. Changes in availability are instantly sent to your connected channels. However, rates always need to be pushed by using the push rate option.
Also, note that Tokeet will not import manual blocks from your API channels. In order to account for them, you will need to create Hold Events on your Tokeet calendar.
Guesty does not offer built-in cleaning features and suggests outsourcing cleaning services.
Guesty’s auto messaging enables you to send check-in instructions only if the Check-in Form has been completed. You can also use the filters to send your guests reminders to fill out the Check-in Form.
Tokeet’s Automata allows you to create triggers. You can automate your guest communications with Automata triggers. By setting specific trigger conditions, you can automate the process of booking, payment, check-in, and check-out.
- Guesty offers its website builder to its users free of charge. However, Guesty charges a 3% commission of the income as its subscription fee.
- Guesty’s website reflects all reservations made through your website in your central calendar.
- Guesty allows you to sync your existing website with Guesty’s booking platform through Guesty’s Open API.
The website created by Guesty:
- Enables you to create customisable coupons to offer discounts to your customers. The user can set the minimum number of nights required, valid reservation dates, expiration of the coupon, and the number of times the coupon can be used.
- Allows customisation in a sense that features the listing of your choice on the homepage.
- Can be integrated with Google Analytics to keep track of your marketing efforts.
- Allows you to set up a Facebook Pixel to capture abandoned bookings directly through Facebook Ads.
Tokeet’s website builder creates a mobile-responsive website for you.
You can customise the font and colours, tagline, and description of your website.
You can add additional pages to your website by simply creating a new page. You can link additional pages of your website to other destinations, like connecting the staff login page to your application.
Tokeet allows you to add:
- Google Analytics
- Mix panel
- Facebook tracking code
- Your social media channels to be displayed on your website
Guesty allows you to:
- Incorporate mid-term stays into your rental company’s business model.
- Apply custom rate strategies to your listings, and Guesty will automatically adjust your prices and minimum night rules accordingly.
- Add your longer-term listings to Airbnb’s Monthly Stay programme along with other leading mid-term booking channels.
- Filter reports by the length of stay to tag extended stays within the Guesty admin to automate customised communication.
In Tokeet, you can link different rooms of a rental together and rent them as a whole.
Since the start of the COVID-19, Tokeet has suggested to its customers to consider substantial length of stay (LOS) discounts in weekly and monthly formats. LOS discounts are applied on top of Rategenoie rates recommendations.
Guesty’s 24/7 Guest Communication Services:
- Respond to your guests’ enquiries based on the urgency of incoming messages.
- Answer incoming enquiries during your team’s off-hours.
- Can adjust bookings at your multi-calendar based on availability, price and location.
- Prioritise your reviews, escalating the most urgent ones to your attention.
Through filled detailed questionnaires and brief onboarding phases, Guesty users hand over their guest communications to Guesty’s team of experts.
You can share your Guest Portal with guests through Tokeet by either including a link in Enquiry Actions or sending it within a message template.
In case you have sold add-ons to your guests, you can make a single invoice with multiple items for them.
Tokeet saves the contact details of all the enquiries in the CRM within your Tokeet account. You can also add to this database or update it.
Tokeet knows that you might need every now and then to block specific date ranges on your booking calendar for maintenance. So, it allows you to create a hold event that will prevent any bookings from occurring for these dates. These hold events will be reflected on all of your calendars.
Guesty has its native mobile app, which enables its users to manage their business on-the-go by offering:
- Unified Inbox
- Task Management Tools
Employees will be notified through the access they have to the Task Management feature of your native mobile app. The employee’s task management software is included in the main app with a limited portion of information accessible.
Tokeet’s mobile app is a native mobile app, developed for tracking operations. Cleaning instructions can be found in the mobile app. Tokeet mobile app enables you to create a booking manually on the go. You can also check the messages, rates, and calendar in your mobile app.
Guesty’s Multi-Unit feature allows you to group similar listings together. In this way, you can group your multi-units and single units to create a hotel complex and connect with SiteMinder and Booking.com. It also streamlines tasks and increases occupancy.
Tokeet has specific features which help you manage your properties in different parts of the world.
With Tokeet you can:
- Change the currency for an entire Tokeet account.
- Change the currency for a specific rental.
- Use templates in different languages to communicate with your guests in their language.
Guesty enables task management by:
- Creating tasks after specific triggering events such as check-ins, check-outs, planned arrivals or departures and reservation confirmations. Triggers might be related to property availability such as first availability in a row or end of rentals.
- After completion of certain tasks, other actions are activated automatically similar to the domino effect.
- Creating manual tasks and notifying the assignee.
- Using the Task Management feature of the Guesty mobile app.
Tokeet’s triggers can be used to notify you and your guests via email or SMS when a new booking is received. Before creating a trigger, you need to build a message template.
With Tokeet’s Message templates, you can create multiple templates for communications you routinely have with your current and prospective guests.
For more advanced options, you need to pay for Automata. With Automata, you can also use automated SMS, while with Tokeet you cannot send SMSes. You can create Triggers under the Workflow tab either by editing a sample trigger or by making a trigger from scratch.
Guesty’s Owner Portal brings transparency for the owners and is compatible with 15+ different languages.
It provides reports that detail each property’s yearly and monthly revenues, compare their performances to one another and highlight notable trends.
Guesty’s Owner Portal allows the owners to reserve a stay at their properties directly from the portal.
Tokeet treats owners as other Tokeet users. You can control the owners’ access to:
- Payouts: shows the owner how much to earn from each booking.
- Reports: shows the owner detailed reports about the bookings.
- Statements: provides monthly income statements.
- Invoices: creates invoices for the owners.
- Payment Gateway: allows the owners to connect their payment gateway to their Tokeet account.
Guesty’s online payment processor accumulates guests’ charges under their reservation, facilitates payments, and sends receipts to guests.
The auto-payments feature allows Guesty to charge guests according to your specified policies.
The auto-payments feature allows collecting each payment at the stage of your choice. However, one person on Capterra has mentioned the deficiency of this feature and Guesty’s inability to split payment.
Guesty’s payment processing feature collects all payment-related information, adding them automatically to the data on your dashboard, which is useful for charging repeat guests.
Tokeet enables you to send invoices and accept credit card payments online from the invoice through Paypal and Stripe. You can also add other payment gateways to your Tokeet account.
With Tokeet, you can include partial payment in the invoice you create.
Guesty Reporting Tools create reports on specific aspects of your business from over 65 parameters, including check-in time, addresses, revenue and many more.
Tokeet reporting provides detailed breakdowns of:
- Total Utilisation
All can be filtered by year, rental, and channel.
Guesty’s Yield Management feature sets custom rate strategies to adjust rates and minimum night stay rules and offers rate plans.
Tokeet has integration with PriceLabs as a revenue management solution for short-term rental properties. This way, you can define daily rates for your rentals in Tokeet based on PriceLabs data.
The main way to reach Guesty is through live chat, accessible on all pages of their website. They are committed to being available 24/7 and responding to messages in a timely manner. Moreover, you can contact the partnerships and press team by email in five different languages. There is also a 5-week onboarding process which comes at an additional cost and is separate from the month-to-month subscription fee.
Setup: Tokeet will assign you a technical consultant who’ll set up your Tokeet account. Depending on the number of your rentals and the complexity of setup, Tokeet can also waive all implementation fees.
Support: You can contact the Tokeet support team any time at [email protected], or use the chat widget in the Tokeet platform. Tokeet training is held daily.
Guesty is integrated with Quickbooks and Xero for facilitating trust accounting.
Sage Intacct is another integration you need to have if your vacation rental business is considered an enterprise-size company.
Guesty does not include a built-in accounting module.
Guesty’s unified inbox lets you receive emails and enquiries through booking channels.
Archiving and filtering capabilities, and also Saved Views are useful. The most effective Saved Views suggested by Guesty are:
- Potential guests
- Guests checking in that day
Tokeet’s Enquiry Inbox is the place to receive enquiries, bookings and cancellations. You can filter the enquiries by rentals, source (which includes all the different channels), status, and arrival month. You can also import your previous enquiries to Tokeet, which is useful when migrating to Tokeet.
You can also bill your guests by creating an invoice. You can add fees like cleaning fees to your invoice and send it to your guests via email.
Guesty’s pricing strategy is different from most of its competitors, and the pricing information is not publicly available. However, it is a commission-based pricing model, so you will be charged for bookings made through the software. If you want to have a more accurate estimation of how much your costs would be, you may schedule a conversation with the Guesty sales team.
Tokeet offers unit-based pricing models, where users pay a monthly or yearly fee based on the number of their rentals. If they choose the yearly payment plan, they will receive a 20% discount.
You can see the details of the price per rental here.
Guesty vs Tokeet: Which Property Management System to Choose?
Guesty is one of the most popular PMS providers in the vacation rental industry. It is an established brand with many branches all around the world. Guesty has a different pricing strategy compared to most of its competitors. The pricing model is commission-based, which means you will be charged on the bookings made through the software. This naturally increases the amount of commission you have to pay to Guesty while managing and scaling your short-term rental business. There are also other charges such as the initial set-up fee. However, Guesty is famous for having one of the most user-friendly platforms in the industry.
Tokeet is a Vacation Rental Management Software offering tools for channel management, rental automation, owner management, and more. If you are looking for a cheaper option, then Tokeet is the right one for you. However, you should always bear in mind that most of the time you need to compensate for the low price you pay. Unresponsive support and weak technical help are pressing issues to seriously think about. Tokeet initially provides you with some basic functionalities found in most PMSes. However, to get your hands on more advanced features, you should pay for its supplementary schemes like Automata.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.