Uplisting vs Tokeet
This article examines Uplisting vs Tokeet by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from Uplisting’s and Tokeet’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, Uplisting has a rating of 4.9, with the highest score for Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Uplisting as an Excellent tool with a 4.8 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Tokeet has a rating of 3.7, with the highest score for Customer Service and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Tokeet as an Excellent tool with a 4.5 TrustScore.
Uplisting automatically collects the payment using Stripe 3D Secure Links. It automatically pre-authorises and releases the security deposit amount that you have set for your Booking.com and HomeAway guests. Even if it is a channel collect, the guests will receive a link on the OTAs’ chatbox where they give you their payment information, and the amount will be pre-authorised and released based on the timeline you have set for each property.
Uplisting decides whether to hold or collect the security deposit amount based on the length of the guests’ stay.
In the end, the guests will go through the verification process. They are asked to upload a picture of their passports, driving licences, or identity cards. They can easily use their phone cameras to take a photo if needed.
Guests can also allow you to use their contact information for further marketing, and the consent will be GDPR-compliant.
Automata in Tokeet has been developed to provide a certain amount of automation. It automates activities from check-in to check-out. You get a workflow of tasks organised by Automata to provide a list of all the services needed for a reservation received. Check Automata here.
Tokeet uses Signature, a document management tool, to facilitate getting guests’ signatures. With Signature, you can send the contract to the guests and get notified when the document is signed.
Once you create your Uplisting account and connect to Airbnb, you can have all your listings imported to Uplisting, including prices, availability, bookings, and listing content.
You can set different OTAs rates that you are linked to and check the prices published on each in your calendar.
Tokeet has two types of connection for channels: API (Airbnb, Booking.com and Expedia) and iCal.
N.B. Changes in availability are instantly sent to your connected channels. However, rates always need to be pushed by using the push rate option.
Also, note that Tokeet will not import manual blocks from your API channels. In order to account for them, you will need to create Hold Events on your Tokeet calendar.
Uplisting helps you automate your cleaning management.
- Uplisting gives limited access to your housekeepers.
- For each of your bookings, a corresponding changeover band is created which shows the property name, property address, existing guest name, check-out time and date, and the number of guests (if available).
- Your housekeepers will get updated about any changes in the information above, booking modifications, and cancellations via email.
- The housekeeper can decide whether to accept the changeover or not, and the host will get notified about it upon refreshing the platform or via email.
- Different housekeepers can be assigned to one or more properties of yours, which means they can only check the information about the chosen properties.
- You can leave notes for your cleaners about each booking.
- You can keep track of the time each housekeeper starts and ends his/her task.
- Your housekeepers have a cleaning schedule automatically created based on the bookings.
- You can also have cleaning teams defined in the system.
You can automatically send your check-in instructions to your guests, using automated messages based on the trigger rules you choose in Uplisting.
Regarding guest details and payment, the process is automated for direct bookings, and for channel bookings, the guests’ information will get updated.
Uplisting also generates a security deposit link for all your bookings. Still, as they believe some of the guests may not expect to pay a security deposit, you can easily copy-paste or email the link to the ones you wish to.
- Uplisting direct booking website contains all of your listings’ information, including pictures, availability, and prices.
- The website is hosted securely, so you do not need to hire developers or buy a domain name.
- Direct bookings automatically block your dates on Airbnb, Booking.com, and other platforms.
- Uplisting gives you the chance to have a domain name without having to pay for that.
- Uplisting direct booking website automatically represents all your properties as they are shown on Airbnb with a click of a button.
- The website is mobile responsive.
Tokeet’s website builder creates a mobile-responsive website for you.
You can customise the font and colours, tagline, and description of your website.
You can add additional pages to your website by simply creating a new page.
You can link additional pages of your website to other destinations, like connecting the staff login page to your application.
Tokeet allows you to add:
- Google Analytics
- Mix panel
- Facebook tracking code
- Your social media channels to be displayed on your website
Uplisting does not have the option for defining and pushing weekly and/or monthly rates.
Since the start of the COVID-19, Tokeet has suggested to its customers to consider substantial length of stay (LOS) discounts in weekly and monthly formats. LOS discounts are applied on top of Rategenoie rates recommendations.
Automated Guest Messages are designed to keep your guest informed from booking to check-out. You can make a unique tone of voice for the message templates. You can enable automated messages as below:
- New Booking
Sent when a booking is confirmed (sent within 10 minutes of booking).
- One week before check-in (based on check-in time) This message is sent out if the guest books less than 7 days before check-in, but not if they book on the day of check-in.
- Reminder of upcoming stay Sent 72 hours (3 days) before check-in (based on check-in time).
- Check-in instructions Sent 24 hours (1 day) before check-in (based on check-in time).
- Day of check-in Sent 1 hour before check-in (based on check-in time).
- First morning of stay Sent at 10 am on the day after check-in (first morning of guest stay).
- Before check-out Sent 16 hours before check-out (based on check-out time).
- After check-out Sent 24 hours (1 day) after check-out (based on check-out time).
- The guest reserves your property on Booking.com, Vrbo or on your website, and the booking is synced to Uplisting.
- [5 mins later] The guest receives a ‘New Booking’ message (if enabled).
- [At the same time] The guest’s credit card details are validated on Uplisting. If the credit card is invalid, the booking is marked as invalid on Booking.com.
- [24 hours before check-in] The security deposit is collected using the payment details provided.
- If the booking is less than six days in length, a pre-authorisation is taken on the card (no funds are transferred). If greater than six days, the security deposit amount is charged and will be transferred to your bank account via Stripe.
- The check-in instructions email will be automatically triggered based on your trigger rules.
- On successful check-out, a pre-authorisation is automatically lifted within seven days. If the booking was longer than six nights, you would need to issue a refund via Stripe manually.
You can share your Guest Portal with guests through Tokeet by either including a link in Enquiry Actions or sending it within a message template.
In case you have sold add-ons to your guests, you can make a single invoice with multiple items for them.
Uplisting provides you with a certain set of data about your guests. Using Uplisting, you can have records of
- Guest lists
- Guest name
- Phone number and email address
- Number of guests
- Booking site confirmation code
Tokeet knows that you might need every now and then to block specific date ranges on your booking calendar for maintenance. So, it allows you to create a hold event that will prevent any bookings from occurring for these dates. These hold events will be reflected on all of your calendars.
Uplisting has a mobile app for IOS and Android. Using the mobile app, you
- Get notifications for every new guest message from Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo (HomeAway), and direct bookings.
- Have all guest messages in one place.
- Can use pre-filled response templates to save time. You can easily select a template from your phone when responding to a guest.
- Can pull the guest’s booking data into the message with personalised snippets.
You can help the guests in real-time by answering back to them, changing the arrival time, sending them your pre-set templates, or stopping the automated email messaging for that particular guest.
You can also call the guests.
If you do not have time to answer the guest, you can also change the reservation’s status, booking type, and booking site.
Tokeet’s mobile app is a native mobile app, developed for tracking operations. Cleaning instructions can be found in the mobile app. Tokeet mobile app enables you to create a booking manually on the go. You can also check the messages, rates, and calendar in your mobile app.
Uplisting helps you manage different Airbnb and Booking.com accounts from one central system, meaning that the properties may also be in different locations.
Tokeet has specific features which help you manage your properties in different parts of the world.
With Tokeet you can:
- Change the currency for an entire Tokeet account.
- Change the currency for a specific rental.
Use templates in different languages to communicate with your guests in their language.
Uplisting Action Screen, which is like a to-do list, will show you the list of your check-ins and check-outs weekly.
- Uplisting Action Screen is very mobile-friendly and is also printable.
- You can use Actions to track guests.
- You can mark guests as checked-in or checked-out for guest management, which is visible on the main Action view. It is helpful in arranging cleaning and other tasks.
Tokeet’s triggers can be used to notify you and your guests via email or SMS when a new booking is received. Before creating a trigger, you need to build a message template.
With Tokeet’s Message templates, you can create multiple templates for communications you routinely have with your current and prospective guests.
For more advanced options, you need to pay for Automata. With Automata, you can also use automated SMS, while with Tokeet you cannot send SMSes. You can create Triggers under the Workflow tab either by editing a sample trigger or by making a trigger from scratch.
Uplisting gives access to your invited owners.
Its owner portal gives owners access to action and calendar screens with certain limitations. For instance, the owners can see the bookings and unavailability; they can also create blocked dates. However, they cannot see guest contact details or messages.
Tokeet treats owners as other Tokeet users. You can control the owners’ access to:
- Payouts: shows the owner how much to earn from each booking.
- Reports: shows the owner detailed reports about the bookings.
- Statements: provides monthly income statements.
- Invoices: creates invoices for the owners.
- Payment Gateway: allows the owners to connect their payment gateway to their Tokeet account.
Uplisting collects all the payments using 3D Secure Links, thanks to its integration with Stripe. If you do not wish to use a Stripe account for all your properties, you can decide which ones you want to connect to your account, enabling guests to pay while booking from your website.
Uplisting verifies whether the guest’s credit card is valid or not. If it is not, Uplisting will automatically mark the card as invalid on Booking.com, and the same thing happens for your direct website bookings.
Tokeet enables you to send invoices and accept credit card payments online from the invoice through Paypal and Stripe. You can also add other payment gateways to your Tokeet account.
With Tokeet, you can include partial payment in the invoice you create.
Uplisting provides you with some reports which can be filtered by date range and/or listing.
You can use Uplisting reports for
- Client invoicing: you can quickly calculate client invoices by filtering the invoice list to an individual property on a monthly basis.
- Task scheduling and operations: it gives you a list of cleanings, maintenance tasks, and welcomes.
- Accounting reports: these include a price breakdown for all bookings, and you can work out your earnings and tax deductibles (cleaning, booking site commission).
- Performance analysis: you can find more about your average daily rate and nightly occupancy, the average length of stay, and nights sold.
You can also export all your reports in CSV.
Uplisting offers integration with Key Data, a trusted data & analytics provider of real-time vacation rental market data for the short-term rental industry.
Tokeet reporting provides detailed breakdowns of:
- Total Utilisation
All can be filtered by year, rental, and channel.
Uplisting offers integration with Wheelhouse, PriceLabs, Beyond, and Airbnb Smart Pricing for dynamic pricing.
Uplisting pushes your rates to all the channels you are linked to in real-time.
You can set different markup percentages for any OTAs and see the final price published to each channel separately under your default rate, which is applied to your website and used by the admin.
You can also check promotions and last-minute discounts from your Uplisting account.
- Live Online
- 24/7 (Live Rep)
- Business Hours
Setup: Tokeet will assign you a technical consultant who’ll set up your Tokeet account. Depending on the number of your rentals and the complexity of setup, Tokeet can also waive all implementation fees.
Support: You can contact the Tokeet support team any time at [email protected], or use the chat widget in the Tokeet platform. Tokeet training is held daily.
Uplisting does not have any dashboards for analytics like occupancy or rates yet.
However, as you may be managing other people’s properties, Uplisting provides you with a management fee report per booking.
The management fee is included in each booking price breakdown, reports, and the Zapier app’s webhooks.
As Uplisting offers integration with Zapier, you can have your account connected to Xero, ZohoBooks, etc. for your accounting.
Uplisting’s unified inbox displays all your guest messages in a single feed. You can quickly view and reply to messages from your Airbnb and Booking.com accounts, even if you are using multiple accounts!
Uplisting’s unified inbox for other booking sites such as HomeAway/Vrbo via email is coming soon.
In Uplisting unified inbox, you can:
- Close & star guest messages.
- Filter guest messages.
- Change message ordering.
- Save replies as templates.
- Reply to your multiple accounts’ messages using your mobile phone.
Tokeet’s Enquiry Inbox is the place to receive enquiries, bookings and cancellations. You can filter the enquiries by rentals, source (which includes all the different channels), status, and arrival month. You can also import your previous enquiries to Tokeet, which is useful when migrating to Tokeet.
You can also bill your guests by creating an invoice. You can add fees like cleaning fees to your invoice and send it to your guests via email.
Uplisting pricing starts at 14.45 GBP ($20.00) per month, and there is 0% commission. Minimum subscription is 72.23 GBP/m ($100/m) for 5 listings. If you have 1-5 properties, you need to pay 72.23 GBP ($100) no matter if you have 1 or 5. Uplisting does not have a free version, but it offers a free trial.
Tokeet offers unit-based pricing models, where users pay a monthly or yearly fee based on the number of their rentals. If they choose the yearly payment plan, they will receive a 20% discount.
You can see the details of the price per rental here.
Uplisting vs Tokeet: Which Property Management System to Choose?
Uplisting is a well-known Vacation Rental Management Software. The system sets automated messages and helps you get connected to multiple booking channels. Uplisting automatically pulls your listings from Airbnb and pushes your data to Booking.com, HomeAway, and Vrbo. Thus, it can be one of your choices if you manage your properties using these channels only.
Tokeet is a Vacation Rental Management Software offering tools for channel management, rental automation, owner management, and more. If you are looking for a cheaper option, then Tokeet is the right one for you. However, you should always bear in mind that most of the time you need to compensate for the low price you pay. Unresponsive support and weak technical help are pressing issues to seriously think about. Tokeet initially provides you with some basic functionalities found in most PMSes. However, to get your hands on more advanced features, you should pay for its supplementary schemes like Automata.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.