Lodgify vs Hospitable
This article examines Lodgify vs Hospitable by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from Lodgify’s and Hospitable’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, Lodgify has a rating of 4.5, with the highest score for Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Lodgify as an Excellent tool with a 4.4 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Hospitable has a rating of 4.8, with the highest score for Customer Service, Ease of Use, and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Hospitable as a Great tool with a 4.1 TrustScore.
- You can send a quote for guests’ reservations through the website showing the price, payment schedule, and cancellation and deposit policies.
- You can send a confirmation link via email to the guests, including reservation and payment information.
- You can set a quote expiry policy.
- You can choose how you would like to accept bookings (enquiry only, booking request, instant booking). For enquiry bookings, the system blocks the availability on other channels, and you may lose the chance of selling your nights.
- You can automate guest vetting using CheKin, a software solution for guests’ registration.
During Hospitable’s direct booking process, guests will go through the screens outlined below:
The primary guests need to provide their name, email, phone number, and billing address.
Guests must insert their card number, expiration date, and CVC. Hospitable currently accepts Visa and Mastercard.
For Direct Premium bookings, once guests have submitted their booking request, they will go through the Autohost guest vetting portal, during which guests must:
- Agree to damage protection policy terms.
- Verify their contact information, residence details, and birth date.
- Provide a valid government-issued ID (such as a driver’s licence, passport, or equivalent).
- Specify the purpose of their visit (e.g., business or leisure, special events, etc.).
Autohost will assess the provided data and associated metadata, and deliver feedback through the Inbox.
Hospitable will only decline a reservation if the guest is listed as banned or if a potential fraud risk is identified. You will receive a notification once the guest has finished using the guest portal, indicating that you may proceed with accepting the booking.
Credit Card Authorisation
After the guest submits their request, Hospitable verifies (but does not charge) their payment method to ensure it is valid for the full booking amount. Hospitable then sends the guest a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
Lodgify’s channel manager allows bookings, calendars, and rates to be synchronised via API across top listing channels, such as Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, and Vrbo.
It supports iCal integration for other channels, including TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, Lastminute.com, Trivago, Hotelbeds, eDreams, etc.
- Lodgify synchronises images, descriptions, and listings with some of the top channels.
- On the Professional and Ultimate plans, you need to pay a commission for the bookings through the channels.
- There is a 1.9% fee for all bookings on the Starter plan, whether from the website or the channels.
Hospitable’s channel manager seamlessly connects with Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo, facilitating the synchronisation of data across all these booking platforms. It guarantees that your calendar’s availability and pricing information remain current and accurate.
Their channel manager can only connect to Airbnb, Vrbo, Booking.com, Homelidays, bookabach, Abritel, FeWo-direkt, and stayz.
Lodgify’s task management software allows you to:
- Create and assign tasks to different members.
- Give users access and distribute responsibilities.
- Invite your team members to the platform and link them to the rentals; then, you need to create job templates and specific tasks that the team members should fulfil to complete the job. According to their role and relations to the job and rentals, team members will be notified on their mobile app when the job is created.
- Manually assign jobs to specific people.
With Lodgify task management,
- Staff can claim a job.
- You can set an inspector for the jobs (they can reject and approve the job).
- You can activate/deactivate a job according to your needs.
- Tasks are shown on the calendar.
- The task management feature is offered under the Ultimate subscription.
- There is a mobile application for the managers.
Hospitable enables you to establish your own rules while the system autonomously delegates tasks. Your cleaning staff will be informed about upcoming cleanings, even for last-minute bookings. So, it eliminates the need for manual reminder notifications and saves you valuable time.
You can choose when, how, and who gets notified about new tasks. Notifications are available through email and SMS, as well as via an iCal feed or a daily summary.
Lodgify uses triggers to automate guest communication.
- A “pre-check-in form” will be sent asking the guests’ arrival information, details, and IDs.
- The guest app provides them with information about the rental, access, address, Wi-Fi details, and recommendations about what to do in the area. (You can withhold sensitive info like access code until the payment has been completed.)
- Once the guests check out, they will no longer be able to access the app.
- Automatic and manual SMS reminders can be sent.
- If you want to link into software for automatic self check-in, you should use Zapier.
Through Hospitable smart lock integrations, you can connect popular smart lock brands, such as Schlage, August, Yale, SmartThings, and RemoteLock apps with booking platforms and your personal website.
Hospitable generates and sends exclusive door access credentials to your confirmed guests just before their check-in. Additionally, once their reservation ends, the system automatically erases the unique code, preventing any unauthorised access after check-out.
- Lodgify offers a website with an integrated booking engine.
- It is mobile-friendly, and users can create their domain.
- On the Starter plan, there is a 1.9% fee for direct bookings.
The SEO-friendly website created by Lodgify:
- Is customisable, allowing you to create custom pages.
- Allows you to add Google Analytics.
- Can be integrated with WordPress, Wix, Drupal, Joomla, Weebly, and Squarespace.
- Hospitable offers customisable website templates.
- Their website accepts custom domains.
- Hospitable website is optimised for desktop and mobile.
- They offer guest screening empowered by Autohost (for the Premium plan).
- Hospitable’s Direct Premium website offers £4M worth of damage protection (powered by SUPERHOG).
- You can receive credit card payments through your website during booking. Hospitable will take the hit on lost payment processing fees if a guest cancels.
- Sales and lodging taxes are automatically calculated and collected.
Hospitable offers two websites: Direct Premium and Direct Basic. Their pricing is different based on the number of properties. But the base price for businesses with less than 10 properties is £6/property for Direct Basic and £4/property for Direct Premium. Direct Premium has also a per-booking charge of 6% of the nightly rate and fees + £8.
Direct Basic is designed for hosts who are experienced in handling direct bookings and prefer a “do-it-yourself” approach. With this option, you can use site builder, booking widget, and tax collection features. Direct Premium includes the aforementioned features plus tax calculation, payment processing fees, guest vetting, and £4M damage protection.
Lodgify allows you to set prices per night, week, month, weekdays, and season.
- Allows use of custom codes to proactively offer guests to extend a reservation.
- Enables hosts to inform guests about the possibility of extending their stay automatically by sending a message only if the day before or after their booking is available.
Lodgify allows you to:
- Set up a list of existing automated emails to communicate with your guests. You can check up on them during their stay.
- Prepare a digital form for house rules, instructions, and access codes.
- Send review-request email templates.
- After completing the booking process, Hospitable sends guests a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
- Hospitable offers AI-powered messaging, which is available in 29 languages.
- Hospitable provides pre-programmed answers to common questions.
- They instantly piece together your information and details about the reservation to send a quick response.
- Their integration with ChatGPT allows you to craft responses instantly.
In Lodgify, you can communicate with your guests using the built-in guest CRM.
- The system does not collect the email addresses, and if you want to have a guest list, you should manually create it. You should create a booking and then fill in customer data.
- Using the list, through the free integration with MailChimp, you can send out marketing emails.
Lodgify allows managing the team on one single platform.
- You can specify what your team member can see and do.
- You can set a “picture request” and ask the housekeepers to upload photos.
With Hospitable, you have the ability to designate positions, such as Owner, Manager, Check-in, Concierge, Check-out, Cleaning, Laundry, and Maintenance for your team members. You can also choose the particular functions and areas that your team members will be able to access.
Lodgify’s mobile app has been developed for tracking operations.
- The mobile app has the functionality of the desktop version of the software.
- The guests can communicate with the host through Lodgify’s guest app.
The Hospitable mobile app has the same features as the desktop app.
With this app:
- You can communicate with your guests via the unified Inbox.
- You can view the week or month ahead on the integrated calendar.
- You can create and edit your messaging rules, question detection, and review settings in the Guest Experience section.
- You can personalise your messages by creating or editing your own custom codes or using their 70+ shortcodes.
- You can delegate tasks to other members of your team, automatically or manually, using the Operations section.
- You will get notifications in real-time whenever you receive a message in the Inbox.
- You can create properties in different locations.
- Rentals are also imported from Airbnb.
- You cannot move the reservations from one apartment to another one.
You can have an outlined list of all the things that need to be done and check when the property has been cleaned.
- With the mobile app, you can oversee all the tasks and manage the team.
- You can assign specific people to supervise and review tasks once they have been completed.
- Hospitable enables you to simultaneously modify pricing and availability for several properties. And these adjustments will be pushed to your listings across all platforms.
- You have the option to include notes for a single day or for multiple days within the calendar. This functionality allows you to provide context for why a specific date is reserved or why you’ve adjusted the pricing for a particular day.
- You can link Hospitable.com webhooks with Zapier for enhanced automation of your business operations. These webhooks will be dispatched whenever you get a fresh booking or when there’s a modification in the reservation’s “status.”
Lodgify provides homeowners access to keep them updated by creating different roles within the platform and assigning specific permissions to each owner.
The owners can add properties to the website and edit the details and availability themselves.
There is a mobile app for owners.
With Hospitable, you can assign the Owner role and select specific features and properties the owner can access.
Lodgify has integration with Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.net, and Payyo as payment gateways.
You can accept a set of credit cards for your website: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- The payment is not through 3-D Secure Payment, and you can only charge card details.
- It accepts bank transfers, cheques, and cash.
- You can add payments manually and send payment requests and payment reminders.
- Pre-authorisation can only be granted for seven days.
- Lodgify charges you a 1% transaction fee.
- You can set 2-3 payments: a percentage at the time of the booking and the remainder some days before arrival, for example.
Hospitable complies with PCI Level 2 standards, and an Attestation of Compliance (AOC) can be provided upon request.
They neither handle nor retain credit card information from hosts when they make payments for Hospitable services.
For this, Hospitable delegates the responsibility of processing credit card and PayPal transactions to Braintree. Braintree is a trusted provider that facilitates online transactions for many businesses and adheres to PCI standards when it comes to securely storing and managing credit card data.
Hospitable does not handle or retain credit card information for Airbnb and Vrbo guests. For Booking.com guests, they store tokenised credit card details in accordance with PCI-DSS standards and delegate payment processing to Stripe.
You can filter specific months and days of the year, as well as a specific property on your report.
- You can export financial and operational data and then import them into your accounting and analytics software.
- You can customise your data filters to extract insights according to various criteria, including property, dates, guest identities, team members, and more.
Lodgify integrates with PriceLabs and Outswitch.
Hospitable seamlessly integrates with Beyond and PriceLabs, enabling you to apply their dynamic pricing solution to all of your listings on VRBO, Airbnb, and Booking.com.
Lodgify provides onboarding for you under the Professional and Ultimate plans if you manage three listings and more.
If you are an Ultimate subscriber, you will be trained on PM Modules, including accounting and task management.
The software shows the users the account progress and tells you what steps are left to thoroughly set up your system.
There are articles and instructions both on the website and in the software itself.
Hospitable support team is typically accessible 24/7 during the weekdays and offers extra assistance on weekends. You can get in touch with them by sending an email to [email protected] or engaging in a live chat.
They also provide Hospitable Hosts Workshops. These workshops cover a wide range of topics, from scaling up to handling emotional support and service animal requests.
- You can keep track of your income and payments, pending and transferred payments of both employees and guests.
- You can generate invoices for employees.
- You can keep track of the expenses.
- The system allows you to create accounting statements. The statements will be updated automatically based on received and sent payments.
- The amounts on the payments are not automatically updated.
- There is no bank account for the owner; the split proportions of income on each booking are for reporting purposes.
Lodgify does not offer a unified inbox, but to communicate with the guests, you have two ways:
- You can enter the reservation system and send a message directly from there (this feature synchronises with Airbnb and Vrbo chats). There are some “canned emails” that you can choose.
- You can reply to the guest via email. Each booking has a unique Email String. When you respond to this string, the conversation will be saved in the reservation.
Which automated emails are sent to your guest depends on the channel. For example, if the reservation is from Airbnb, “2 days before rental arrival” and “2 days after rental departure” emails will be sent automatically.
Hospitable’s Unified Inbox pulls messages from Vrbo, Booking.com, and Airbnb inbox into one centralised inbox.
They gather all the necessary information, including guest reviews, ratings, and location details, ensuring that both you and the software have the essential data required to provide timely and welcoming responses.
Your responses seem to originate from the same platform where guests interacted with you. So, they won’t need to use a different application or communication channel.
Lodgify’s pricing starts at £146.65 ($199) per month and varies depending on the total number of rentals and features:
- Starter: £8.84 ($12)
- Professional: £23.58 ($32)
- Ultimate: £35.37 ($48)
Lodgify offers a 20% discount on annual subscriptions and a 25% discount on two-year plans when the users pay upfront. The users receive a free custom domain under annual subscriptions and two-year plans.
Hospitable offers a subscription-based pricing model, with prices starting at £30 per month for two listings. After the first two, users only pay for listings that receive bookings on each given billing month.
Lodgify vs Hospitable: Which Property Management System to Choose?
Lodgify would be the right choice if you run a small rental business and wish to have a user-friendly website. If your properties are listed only on Airbnb, Lodgify would be a good option because they have been chosen as a Preferred Software Partner by Airbnb. This means that Lodgify provides the requisite functionality and software connections that meet Airbnb’s technical benchmarks. However, because of the limited integration with the channels, you may not have the chance to widen your reach the way you might wish to.
Hospitable primarily serves smaller enterprises, particularly independent landlords and smaller property management companies with a minimum of two rental properties. So, its services are designed to be straightforward and uncomplicated. Its flexible and transparent pricing enables users to only pay for listings that are actively rented and know exactly how much they will be charged each month. However, their direct booking website comes with additional costs and some features are only available in the Direct Premium plan. In addition, Hospitable has no direct contact number for its support team, so all communication takes place through email or online chat.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.