OwnerRez vs Hospitable
This article examines OwnerRez vs Hospitable by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from OwnerRez’s and Hospitable’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, OwnerRez has a rating of 5.0, with the highest score for Customer Service.
Trustpilot introduces OwnerRez as a Great tool with a 3.8 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Hospitable has a rating of 4.8, with the highest score for Customer Service, Ease of Use, and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Hospitable as a Great tool with a 4.1 TrustScore.
While working with OwnerRez, you do not need to worry about the bookings that come from OTAs to which you have an API connection, as everything will automatically be visible in your account.
However, you may face some difficulties if your booking is direct. Then, everything should be done manually.
Here are the steps:
- Create the booking and enter guest details.
- Activate payment collection and enter their card information.
- Schedule the security deposit.
- Reach out to guests for further information, such as photo ID and signing of the terms and conditions (through the Renter Agreements feature).
After taking these steps, the booking will be created, and it will resemble one created automatically.
During Hospitable’s direct booking process, guests will go through the screens outlined below:
The primary guests need to provide their name, email, phone number, and billing address.
Guests must insert their card number, expiration date, and CVC. Hospitable currently accepts Visa and Mastercard.
For Direct Premium bookings, once guests have submitted their booking request, they will go through the Autohost guest vetting portal, during which guests must:
- Agree to damage protection policy terms.
- Verify their contact information, residence details, and birth date.
- Provide a valid government-issued ID (such as a driver’s licence, passport, or equivalent).
- Specify the purpose of their visit (e.g., business or leisure, special events, etc.).
Autohost will assess the provided data and associated metadata, and deliver feedback through the Inbox.
Hospitable will only decline a reservation if the guest is listed as banned or if a potential fraud risk is identified. You will receive a notification once the guest has finished using the guest portal, indicating that you may proceed with accepting the booking.
Credit Card Authorisation
After the guest submits their request, Hospitable verifies (but does not charge) their payment method to ensure it is valid for the full booking amount. Hospitable then sends the guest a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
OwnerRez has direct channel integration with Airbnb, Booking.com, Canada Stays, Florida Rentals, Houfy, TripAdvisor, Vrbo, FindRentals, and HomeToGo.
When you open the window for each channel synchronisation, you can see the list of your listings with Sync Status, Listing Status, the last time a booking was made for each property, and the last time the information changed or synced again.
Hospitable’s channel manager seamlessly connects with Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo, facilitating the synchronisation of data across all these booking platforms. It guarantees that your calendar’s availability and pricing information remain current and accurate.
Their channel manager can only connect to Airbnb, Vrbo, Booking.com, Homelidays, bookabach, Abritel, FeWo-direkt, and stayz.
OwnerRez offers several ways to keep the cleaners posted about the latest housekeeping tasks:
- Custom Cleaner iCals
Using iCal integration, you can create a custom calendar for your property, export all your bookings there, and share the link with your cleaners.
- Portal Access
With login details, your cleaners can access your calendar, notes, and guest details based on the levels of access you define.
(This feature is available only if you use the Property Management Premium Feature.)
- Custom Trigger Emails
You can create a trigger email in OwnerRez to be sent out after each departure so that the cleaner knows about the latest check-outs.
- Third-Party Alerts
If you turn on Third-Party Alerts for each property and put in the cleaner’s name/email address, the system will email the assignee automatically each time a booking hits, gets cancelled, or changed.
- Stay Report
The stay report shows you who is arriving, departing, and staying. This report can be printed and sent to your cleaners as a schedule.
Hospitable enables you to establish your own rules while the system autonomously delegates tasks. Your cleaning staff will be informed about upcoming cleanings, even for last-minute bookings. So, it eliminates the need for manual reminder notifications and saves you valuable time.
You can choose when, how, and who gets notified about new tasks. Notifications are available through email and SMS, as well as via an iCal feed or a daily summary.
OwnerRez is integrated with eRentalLock and a couple of other door lock companies for self check-ins. It can automatically generate codes for your many different door locks, including numeric sequence locks and Wi-Fi locks – each time a booking is created.
However, you still need to inform the guest about the code. For that, you can create an email template within the system with your preferred trigger rule. Based on that, OwnerRez will automatically send an email to your guests to enter the property without your presence.
Through Hospitable smart lock integrations, you can connect popular smart lock brands, such as Schlage, August, Yale, SmartThings, and RemoteLock apps with booking platforms and your personal website.
Hospitable generates and sends exclusive door access credentials to your confirmed guests just before their check-in. Additionally, once their reservation ends, the system automatically erases the unique code, preventing any unauthorised access after check-out.
OwnerRez offers hosted websites for its customers for an extra charge.
If you have one property, the fee for having a hosted website would be $10.00 per month, which may differ based on the number of your listings.
The website includes:
- A page per property
- A booking engine
- An availability calendar
- Your different rate plans for the season
- Property location
- Hospitable offers customisable website templates.
- Their website accepts custom domains.
- Hospitable website is optimised for desktop and mobile.
- They offer guest screening empowered by Autohost (for the Premium plan).
- Hospitable’s Direct Premium website offers £4M worth of damage protection (powered by SUPERHOG).
- You can receive credit card payments through your website during booking. Hospitable will take the hit on lost payment processing fees if a guest cancels.
- Sales and lodging taxes are automatically calculated and collected.
Hospitable offers two websites: Direct Premium and Direct Basic. Their pricing is different based on the number of properties. But the base price for businesses with less than 10 properties is £6/property for Direct Basic and £4/property for Direct Premium. Direct Premium has also a per-booking charge of 6% of the nightly rate and fees + £8.
Direct Basic is designed for hosts who are experienced in handling direct bookings and prefer a “do-it-yourself” approach. With this option, you can use site builder, booking widget, and tax collection features. Direct Premium includes the aforementioned features plus tax calculation, payment processing fees, guest vetting, and £4M damage protection.
OwnerRez does not include an extended stay option. It means you cannot define different monthly and/or weekly rates.
Extending your guest stay for your direct bookings can be done manually by changing the dates, the charges, and payment collection.
If a booking is coming from an OTA and the guests stay longer in your properties, the change should be made on the OTA webpage directly, even if you use API integration.
- Allows use of custom codes to proactively offer guests to extend a reservation.
- Enables hosts to inform guests about the possibility of extending their stay automatically by sending a message only if the day before or after their booking is available.
OwnerRez has an option in their check-out process called renter agreement. A signing link can also follow this agreement, which is highly recommended for bookings that come from different OTAs.
There is a suggested renter agreement, but you can create as many agreements as you want and customise them as a host.
After the signature link is used, you can ask your guests or a particular group of them to verify their contact information for you. This way, you will restore your guests’ details even when the booking comes from a listing site.
- After completing the booking process, Hospitable sends guests a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
- Hospitable offers AI-powered messaging, which is available in 29 languages.
- Hospitable provides pre-programmed answers to common questions.
- They instantly piece together your information and details about the reservation to send a quick response.
- Their integration with ChatGPT allows you to craft responses instantly.
OwnerRez creates a profile for each of your guests regardless of the sources or channels they come from.
To have an organised CRM, you have the option to merge your contacts or team them up.
OwnerRez’s guest CRM shows you the guests’ history, including the number of their previous bookings with a summary, payments, contact information, and some tags.
By creating different tags, you can highlight some characteristics or ideas about the guests, such as great, never again, breakfast, extra bed, and rental boats. The reason for having tags on the CRM level and booking level is to help the owner. The owner will keep in mind the key points that may seem minor but have a considerable impact on their hosting quality to turn the guests into loyal ones or prevent an annoying person from returning to the property again.
OwnerRez does not seem to have a particular feature dedicated to your maintenance issues. You can create manual tasks if needed, though.
With Hospitable, you have the ability to designate positions, such as Owner, Manager, Check-in, Concierge, Check-out, Cleaning, Laundry, and Maintenance for your team members. You can also choose the particular functions and areas that your team members will be able to access.
OwnerRez supports mobile phones and tablets. Their web version is mobile responsive, meaning that you can work with the system the same way you do from your PC. It can also be installed as an app on your mobile devices.
The Hospitable mobile app has the same features as the desktop app.
With this app:
- You can communicate with your guests via the unified Inbox.
- You can view the week or month ahead on the integrated calendar.
- You can create and edit your messaging rules, question detection, and review settings in the Guest Experience section.
- You can personalise your messages by creating or editing your own custom codes or using their 70+ shortcodes.
- You can delegate tasks to other members of your team, automatically or manually, using the Operations section.
- You will get notifications in real-time whenever you receive a message in the Inbox.
You can use OwnerRez internationally. They allow for multiple currencies, which can be set per property. You can have multiple different credit card processors to accept different currencies, as well.
OwnerRez can help you manage your housekeeping to some extent, but it needs manual interference and supervision (it will not be done automatically).
However, it is clear that some more extensive operations with more complex scheduling involved, including housekeeping, maintenance, and other support staff, need an advanced solution. To meet this, OwnerRez has partnered with ResortCleaning and VRScheduler.
- Hospitable enables you to simultaneously modify pricing and availability for several properties. And these adjustments will be pushed to your listings across all platforms.
- You have the option to include notes for a single day or for multiple days within the calendar. This functionality allows you to provide context for why a specific date is reserved or why you’ve adjusted the pricing for a particular day.
- You can link Hospitable.com webhooks with Zapier for enhanced automation of your business operations. These webhooks will be dispatched whenever you get a fresh booking or when there’s a modification in the reservation’s “status.”
OwnerRez’s PM (Property Management) area gives you a wide variety of options, provided that you use the Premium plan. You can configure owners and assign the properties that you manage for those owners, including some settings like your commission.
You can grant portal access to owners to see your calendar. You can also generate monthly owner statements so that owners can see their booking earnings and the expenses you have charged them. In addition, your grand total for the month will be calculated.
With Hospitable, you can assign the Owner role and select specific features and properties the owner can access.
- You can directly collect payments. You can configure payment methods in the financial settings to accept credit cards, cheques, or PayPal.
- You have integration with Quickbooks for your accounting. All the invoices will get generated automatically using Quickbooks’s integration with all the data needed, such as taxes, add-ons, etc.
- You can generate partial payment links, meaning the system generates two invoices for you. It is also possible to set reminders for the guests, which will be sent to them via email.
- Regarding security deposits, OwnerRez offers its optional Damage Protection programme with an insurer called RentalGuardian. The other possible ways are either to hold a security deposit or to have a Refundable Damage Deposit or “RDD.” These can be created manually in the system.
- They offer API integrations with Payeezy, Authorize.net, Bambora, Lynnbrook, Stripe, and more payment processors for payment collection. You can check them out on their website.
Hospitable complies with PCI Level 2 standards, and an Attestation of Compliance (AOC) can be provided upon request.
They neither handle nor retain credit card information from hosts when they make payments for Hospitable services. For this, Hospitable delegates the responsibility of processing credit card and PayPal transactions to Braintree.
Braintree is a trusted provider that facilitates online transactions for many businesses and adheres to PCI standards when it comes to securely storing and managing credit card data.
Hospitable does not handle or retain credit card information for Airbnb and Vrbo guests. For Booking.com guests, they store tokenised credit card details in accordance with PCI-DSS standards and delegate payment processing to Stripe.
- The booking summary report helps you compare your booking percentage over different periods. You can also compare property by property.
- You can apply other filters like Airbnb or channel bookings only.
- You can also have a Line Item Pivot report where you have the list of all your bookings on a list with all the information you may want to check.
- You can export financial and operational data and then import them into your accounting and analytics software.
- You can customise your data filters to extract insights according to various criteria, including property, dates, guest identities, team members, and more.
Using OwnerRez, you can define seasonal rates and spot rates. You can have the rates applied to only random days in a month, certain days repeatedly, or the entire month. The rate plans from one property can also be batch copied to a destination property.
Under rate rules, you can create last-minute discounts.
OwnerRez also offers integration with Beyond and PriceLabs for dynamic pricing.
Hospitable seamlessly integrates with Beyond and PriceLabs, enabling you to apply their dynamic pricing solution to all of your listings on VRBO, Airbnb, and Booking.com.
OwnerRez has a ProConnect (Concierge) Setup apart from support documents and asking for help.
The OwnerRez team will go through your account’s onboarding process entirely by themselves based on the information you provide for them.
At some points, like the part for website setup, your presence will be needed.
There would be a charge for this service based on the number of your properties. The service will only be available for your existing listings, not the ones you add later on. It is also good to know that Concierge Setup is not an express service, and it might take 3 to 6 weeks to complete.
Hospitable support team is typically accessible 24/7 during the weekdays and offers extra assistance on weekends. You can get in touch with them by sending an email to [email protected] or engaging in a live chat.
They also provide Hospitable Hosts Workshops. These workshops cover a wide range of topics, from scaling up to handling emotional support and service animal requests.
OwnerRez offers a Line Item Pivot where you have the list of all your bookings on a list with all the information you may want to check. You can see your booking data, rent price, cleaning, surcharges and discounts, taxes, host fees, charge totals, transaction totals, and PM totals. You can export these to Excel, as well.
Remember that this information will be generated for each booking, not for your organisation, like the monthly profit report in total.
However, OwnerRez can generate monthly owner statements to see their booking earnings and the expenses you have charged them. In addition, the total of the month will be calculated.
OwnerRez integrates with Quickbooks for your bookkeeping tasks.
Having PM services (calculating commissions, generating owner statements and recording expenses) and integrating QuickBooks require an extra fee to be paid to OwnerRez on your base plan.
OwnerRez does not have a Unified Inbox beyond Airbnb messaging. However, you can have your Airbnb messages sent to OwnerRez automatically, and you can answer them back from your OwnerRez account directly.
You can have your enquiries forwarded into OwnerRez from Vrbo or TripAdvisor, but your replies will be sent out as a traditional email to the guest.
Some pre-set email templates can be sent out to guests automatically using the triggers. They can be turned off for the bookings that you may choose from your list. You can also create your email templates based on your needs.
Hospitable’s Unified Inbox pulls messages from Vrbo, Booking.com, and Airbnb inbox into one centralised inbox.
They gather all the necessary information, including guest reviews, ratings, and location details, ensuring that both you and the software have the essential data required to provide timely and welcoming responses.
Your responses seem to originate from the same platform where guests interacted with you. So, they won’t need to use a different application or communication channel.
OwnerRez pricing starts from $35.00 (25.30 GBP) per month. The more properties you have, the less you will pay. However, the default plan only includes channel management and digital signature.
If you want to have the Property Management feature (to calculate commissions, generate owner statements, and record expenses), QuickBooks integration, hosted website, and SMS messaging, you need to include them in your base plan and pay extra for each. OwnerRez does not have a free version, but they offer a 14-day free trial.
Hospitable offers a subscription-based pricing model, with prices starting at £30 per month for two listings. After the first two, users only pay for listings that receive bookings on each given billing month.
OwnerRez vs Hospitable: Which Property Management System to Choose?
OwnerRez will help you manage your properties as there are lots of features available for each aspect of managing a short-rental business. There are also so many integrations that can be used. However, you need to keep in mind that, to have some of the features, you need to pay an extra amount per property to have them activated. OwnerRez can be an excellent solution for small and large multi-location companies and those who work with Vrbo, Booking.com, and Airbnb.
Hospitable primarily serves smaller enterprises, particularly independent landlords and smaller property management companies with a minimum of two rental properties. So, its services are designed to be straightforward and uncomplicated. Its flexible and transparent pricing enables users to only pay for listings that are actively rented and know exactly how much they will be charged each month. However, their direct booking website comes with additional costs and some features are only available in the Direct Premium plan. In addition, Hospitable has no direct contact number for its support team, so all communication takes place through email or online chat.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.