Tokeet vs Hospitable
This article examines Tokeet vs Hospitable by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from Tokeet’s and Hospitable’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, Tokeet has a rating of 3.7, with the highest score for Customer Service and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Tokeet as an Excellent tool with a 4.5 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Hospitable has a rating of 4.8, with the highest score for Customer Service, Ease of Use, and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Hospitable as a Great tool with a 4.1 TrustScore.
Automata in Tokeet has been developed to provide a certain amount of automation. It automates activities from check-in to check-out. You get a workflow of tasks organised by Automata to provide a list of all the services needed for a reservation received. Check Automata here.
Tokeet uses Signature, a document management tool, to facilitate getting guests’ signatures. With Signature, you can send the contract to the guests and get notified when the document is signed.
During Hospitable’s direct booking process, guests will go through the screens outlined below:
The primary guests need to provide their name, email, phone number, and billing address.
Guests must insert their card number, expiration date, and CVC. Hospitable currently accepts Visa and Mastercard.
For Direct Premium bookings, once guests have submitted their booking request, they will go through the Autohost guest vetting portal, during which guests must:
- Agree to damage protection policy terms.
- Verify their contact information, residence details, and birth date.
- Provide a valid government-issued ID (such as a driver’s licence, passport, or equivalent).
- Specify the purpose of their visit (e.g., business or leisure, special events, etc.).
Autohost will assess the provided data and associated metadata, and deliver feedback through the Inbox.
Hospitable will only decline a reservation if the guest is listed as banned or if a potential fraud risk is identified. You will receive a notification once the guest has finished using the guest portal, indicating that you may proceed with accepting the booking.
Credit Card Authorisation
After the guest submits their request, Hospitable verifies (but does not charge) their payment method to ensure it is valid for the full booking amount. Hospitable then sends the guest a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
Tokeet has two types of connection for channels: API (Airbnb, Booking.com and Expedia) and iCal.
N.B. Changes in availability are instantly sent to your connected channels. However, rates always need to be pushed by using the push rate option.
Also, note that Tokeet will not import manual blocks from your API channels. In order to account for them, you will need to create Hold Events on your Tokeet calendar.
Hospitable’s channel manager seamlessly connects with Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo, facilitating the synchronisation of data across all these booking platforms. It guarantees that your calendar’s availability and pricing information remain current and accurate.
Their channel manager can only connect to Airbnb, Vrbo, Booking.com, Homelidays, bookabach, Abritel, FeWo-direkt, and stayz.
Hospitable enables you to establish your own rules while the system autonomously delegates tasks. Your cleaning staff will be informed about upcoming cleanings, even for last-minute bookings. So, it eliminates the need for manual reminder notifications and saves you valuable time.
You can choose when, how, and who gets notified about new tasks. Notifications are available through email and SMS, as well as via an iCal feed or a daily summary.
Through Hospitable smart lock integrations, you can connect popular smart lock brands, such as Schlage, August, Yale, SmartThings, and RemoteLock apps with booking platforms and your personal website.
Hospitable generates and sends exclusive door access credentials to your confirmed guests just before their check-in. Additionally, once their reservation ends, the system automatically erases the unique code, preventing any unauthorised access after check-out.
Tokeet’s website builder creates a mobile-responsive website for you.
You can customise the font and colours, tagline, and description of your website.
You can add additional pages to your website by simply creating a new page. You can link additional pages of your website to other destinations, like connecting the staff login page to your application.
Tokeet allows you to add:
- Google Analytics
- Mix panel
- Facebook tracking code
- Your social media channels to be displayed on your website
- Hospitable offers customisable website templates.
- Their website accepts custom domains.
- Hospitable website is optimised for desktop and mobile.
- They offer guest screening empowered by Autohost (for the Premium plan).
- Hospitable’s Direct Premium website offers £4M worth of damage protection (powered by SUPERHOG).
- You can receive credit card payments through your website during booking. Hospitable will take the hit on lost payment processing fees if a guest cancels.
- Sales and lodging taxes are automatically calculated and collected.
Hospitable offers two websites: Direct Premium and Direct Basic. Their pricing is different based on the number of properties. But the base price for businesses with less than 10 properties is £6/property for Direct Basic and £4/property for Direct Premium. Direct Premium has also a per-booking charge of 6% of the nightly rate and fees + £8.
Direct Basic is designed for hosts who are experienced in handling direct bookings and prefer a “do-it-yourself” approach. With this option, you can use site builder, booking widget, and tax collection features. Direct Premium includes the aforementioned features plus tax calculation, payment processing fees, guest vetting, and £4M damage protection.
In Tokeet, you can link different rooms of a rental together and rent them as a whole.
Since the start of the COVID-19, Tokeet has suggested to its customers to consider substantial length of stay (LOS) discounts in weekly and monthly formats. LOS discounts are applied on top of Rategenoie rates recommendations.
- Allows use of custom codes to proactively offer guests to extend a reservation.
- Enables hosts to inform guests about the possibility of extending their stay automatically by sending a message only if the day before or after their booking is available.
You can share your Guest Portal with guests through Tokeet by either including a link in Enquiry Actions or sending it within a message template.
In case you have sold add-ons to your guests, you can make a single invoice with multiple items for them.
- After completing the booking process, Hospitable sends guests a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
- Hospitable offers AI-powered messaging, which is available in 29 languages.
- Hospitable provides pre-programmed answers to common questions.
- They instantly piece together your information and details about the reservation to send a quick response.
- Their integration with ChatGPT allows you to craft responses instantly.
Tokeet knows that you might need every now and then to block specific date ranges on your booking calendar for maintenance. So, it allows you to create a hold event that will prevent any bookings from occurring for these dates. These hold events will be reflected on all of your calendars.
With Hospitable, you have the ability to designate positions, such as Owner, Manager, Check-in, Concierge, Check-out, Cleaning, Laundry, and Maintenance for your team members. You can also choose the particular functions and areas that your team members will be able to access.
Tokeet’s mobile app is a native mobile app, developed for tracking operations. Cleaning instructions can be found in the mobile app. Tokeet mobile app enables you to create a booking manually on the go. You can also check the messages, rates, and calendar in your mobile app.
The Hospitable mobile app has the same features as the desktop app.
With this app:
- You can communicate with your guests via the unified Inbox.
- You can view the week or month ahead on the integrated calendar.
- You can create and edit your messaging rules, question detection, and review settings in the Guest Experience section.
- You can personalise your messages by creating or editing your own custom codes or using their 70+ shortcodes.
- You can delegate tasks to other members of your team, automatically or manually, using the Operations section.
- You will get notifications in real-time whenever you receive a message in the Inbox.
Tokeet has specific features which help you manage your properties in different parts of the world.
With Tokeet you can:
- Change the currency for an entire Tokeet account.
- Change the currency for a specific rental.
- Use templates in different languages to communicate with your guests in their language
Tokeet’s triggers can be used to notify you and your guests via email or SMS when a new booking is received. Before creating a trigger, you need to build a message template.
With Tokeet’s Message templates, you can create multiple templates for communications you routinely have with your current and prospective guests.
For more advanced options, you need to pay for Automata. With Automata, you can also use automated SMS, while with Tokeet you cannot send SMSes. You can create Triggers under the Workflow tab either by editing a sample trigger or by making a trigger from scratch.
- Hospitable enables you to simultaneously modify pricing and availability for several properties. And these adjustments will be pushed to your listings across all platforms.
- You have the option to include notes for a single day or for multiple days within the calendar. This functionality allows you to provide context for why a specific date is reserved or why you’ve adjusted the pricing for a particular day.
- You can link Hospitable.com webhooks with Zapier for enhanced automation of your business operations. These webhooks will be dispatched whenever you get a fresh booking or when there’s a modification in the reservation’s “status.”
Tokeet treats owners as other Tokeet users. You can control the owners’ access to:
- Payouts: shows the owner how much to earn from each booking.
- Reports: shows the owner detailed reports about the bookings.
- Statements: provides monthly income statements.
- Invoices: creates invoices for the owners.
- Payment Gateway: allows the owners to connect their payment gateway to their Tokeet account.
With Hospitable, you can assign the Owner role and select specific features and properties the owner can access.
Tokeet enables you to send invoices and accept credit card payments online from the invoice through Paypal and Stripe. You can also add other payment gateways to your Tokeet account.
With Tokeet, you can include partial payment in the invoice you create.
Hospitable complies with PCI Level 2 standards, and an Attestation of Compliance (AOC) can be provided upon request.
They neither handle nor retain credit card information from hosts when they make payments for Hospitable services.
For this, Hospitable delegates the responsibility of processing credit card and PayPal transactions to Braintree. Braintree is a trusted provider that facilitates online transactions for many businesses and adheres to PCI standards when it comes to securely storing and managing credit card data.
Hospitable does not handle or retain credit card information for Airbnb and Vrbo guests. For Booking.com guests, they store tokenised credit card details in accordance with PCI-DSS standards and delegate payment processing to Stripe.
Tokeet reporting provides detailed breakdowns of:
- Total Utilisation
All can be filtered by year, rental, and channel.
- You can export financial and operational data and then import them into your accounting and analytics software.
- You can customise your data filters to extract insights according to various criteria, including property, dates, guest identities, team members, and more.
Hospitable seamlessly integrates with Beyond and PriceLabs, enabling you to apply their dynamic pricing solution to all of your listings on VRBO, Airbnb, and Booking.com.
Setup: Tokeet will assign you a technical consultant who’ll set up your Tokeet account. Depending on the number of your rentals and the complexity of setup, Tokeet can also waive all implementation fees.
Support: You can contact the Tokeet support team any time at [email protected], or use the chat widget in the Tokeet platform. Tokeet training is held daily.
Hospitable support team is typically accessible 24/7 during the weekdays and offers extra assistance on weekends. You can get in touch with them by sending an email to [email protected] or engaging in a live chat.
They also provide Hospitable Hosts Workshops. These workshops cover a wide range of topics, from scaling up to handling emotional support and service animal requests.
Tokeet’s Enquiry Inbox is the place to receive enquiries, bookings and cancellations. You can filter the enquiries by rentals, source (which includes all the different channels), status, and arrival month. You can also import your previous enquiries to Tokeet, which is useful when migrating to Tokeet.
You can also bill your guests by creating an invoice. You can add fees like cleaning fees to your invoice and send it to your guests via email.
Hospitable’s Unified Inbox pulls messages from Vrbo, Booking.com, and Airbnb inbox into one centralised inbox.
They gather all the necessary information, including guest reviews, ratings, and location details, ensuring that both you and the software have the essential data required to provide timely and welcoming responses.
Your responses seem to originate from the same platform where guests interacted with you. So, they won’t need to use a different application or communication channel.
Tokeet offers unit-based pricing models, where users pay a monthly or yearly fee based on the number of their rentals. If they choose the yearly payment plan, they will receive a 20% discount.
You can see the details of the price per rental here.
Hospitable offers a subscription-based pricing model, with prices starting at £30 per month for two listings. After the first two, users only pay for listings that receive bookings on each given billing month.
Tokeet vs Hospitable: Which Property Management System to Choose?
Tokeet is a Vacation Rental Management Software offering tools for channel management, rental automation, owner management, and more. If you are looking for a cheaper option, then Tokeet is the right one for you. However, you should always bear in mind that most of the time you need to compensate for the low price you pay. Unresponsive support and weak technical help are pressing issues to seriously think about. Tokeet initially provides you with some basic functionalities found in most PMSes. However, to get your hands on more advanced features, you should pay for its supplementary schemes like Automata.
Hospitable primarily serves smaller enterprises, particularly independent landlords and smaller property management companies with a minimum of two rental properties. So, its services are designed to be straightforward and uncomplicated. Its flexible and transparent pricing enables users to only pay for listings that are actively rented and know exactly how much they will be charged each month. However, their direct booking website comes with additional costs and some features are only available in the Direct Premium plan. In addition, Hospitable has no direct contact number for its support team, so all communication takes place through email or online chat.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.