Uplisting vs Hospitable
This article examines Uplisting vs Hospitable by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from Uplisting’s and Hospitable’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, Uplisting has a rating of 4.9, with the highest score for Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Uplisting as an Excellent tool with a 4.8 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Hospitable has a rating of 4.8, with the highest score for Customer Service, Ease of Use, and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Hospitable as a Great tool with a 4.1 TrustScore.
Uplisting automatically collects the payment using Stripe 3D Secure Links. It automatically pre-authorises and releases the security deposit amount that you have set for your Booking.com and HomeAway guests. Even if it is a channel collect, the guests will receive a link on the OTAs’ chatbox where they give you their payment information, and the amount will be pre-authorised and released based on the timeline you have set for each property.
Uplisting decides whether to hold or collect the security deposit amount based on the length of the guests’ stay.
In the end, the guests will go through the verification process. They are asked to upload a picture of their passports, driving licences, or identity cards. They can easily use their phone cameras to take a photo if needed.
Guests can also allow you to use their contact information for further marketing, and the consent will be GDPR-compliant.
During Hospitable’s direct booking process, guests will go through the screens outlined below:
The primary guests need to provide their name, email, phone number, and billing address.
Guests must insert their card number, expiration date, and CVC. Hospitable currently accepts Visa and Mastercard.
For Direct Premium bookings, once guests have submitted their booking request, they will go through the Autohost guest vetting portal, during which guests must:
- Agree to damage protection policy terms.
- Verify their contact information, residence details, and birth date.
- Provide a valid government-issued ID (such as a driver’s licence, passport, or equivalent).
- Specify the purpose of their visit (e.g., business or leisure, special events, etc.).
Autohost will assess the provided data and associated metadata, and deliver feedback through the Inbox.
Hospitable will only decline a reservation if the guest is listed as banned or if a potential fraud risk is identified. You will receive a notification once the guest has finished using the guest portal, indicating that you may proceed with accepting the booking.
Credit Card Authorisation
After the guest submits their request, Hospitable verifies (but does not charge) their payment method to ensure it is valid for the full booking amount. Hospitable then sends the guest a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
Once you create your Uplisting account and connect to Airbnb, you can have all your listings imported to Uplisting, including prices, availability, bookings, and listing content.
You can set different OTAs rates that you are linked to and check the prices published on each in your calendar.
Hospitable’s channel manager seamlessly connects with Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo, facilitating the synchronisation of data across all these booking platforms. It guarantees that your calendar’s availability and pricing information remain current and accurate.
Their channel manager can only connect to Airbnb, Vrbo, Booking.com, Homelidays, bookabach, Abritel, FeWo-direkt, and stayz.
Uplisting helps you automate your cleaning management.
- Uplisting gives limited access to your housekeepers.
- For each of your bookings, a corresponding changeover band is created which shows the property name, property address, existing guest name, check-out time and date, and the number of guests (if available).
- Your housekeepers will get updated about any changes in the information above, booking modifications, and cancellations via email.
- The housekeeper can decide whether to accept the changeover or not, and the host will get notified about it upon refreshing the platform or via email.
- Different housekeepers can be assigned to one or more properties of yours, which means they can only check the information about the chosen properties.
- You can leave notes for your cleaners about each booking.
- You can keep track of the time each housekeeper starts and ends his/her task.
- Your housekeepers have a cleaning schedule automatically created based on the bookings.
- You can also have cleaning teams defined in the system.
Hospitable enables you to establish your own rules while the system autonomously delegates tasks. Your cleaning staff will be informed about upcoming cleanings, even for last-minute bookings. So, it eliminates the need for manual reminder notifications and saves you valuable time.
You can choose when, how, and who gets notified about new tasks. Notifications are available through email and SMS, as well as via an iCal feed or a daily summary.
You can automatically send your check-in instructions to your guests, using automated messages based on the trigger rules you choose in Uplisting.
Regarding guest details and payment, the process is automated for direct bookings, and for channel bookings, the guests’ information will get updated.
Uplisting also generates a security deposit link for all your bookings. Still, as they believe some of the guests may not expect to pay a security deposit, you can easily copy-paste or email the link to the ones you wish to.
Through Hospitable smart lock integrations, you can connect popular smart lock brands, such as Schlage, August, Yale, SmartThings, and RemoteLock apps with booking platforms and your personal website.
Hospitable generates and sends exclusive door access credentials to your confirmed guests just before their check-in. Additionally, once their reservation ends, the system automatically erases the unique code, preventing any unauthorised access after check-out.
- Uplisting direct booking website contains all of your listings’ information, including pictures, availability, and prices.
- The website is hosted securely, so you do not need to hire developers or buy a domain name.
- Direct bookings automatically block your dates on Airbnb, Booking.com, and other platforms.
- Uplisting gives you the chance to have a domain name without having to pay for that.
- Uplisting direct booking website automatically represents all your properties as they are shown on Airbnb with a click of a button.
- The website is mobile responsive.
- Hospitable offers customisable website templates.
- Their website accepts custom domains.
- Hospitable website is optimised for desktop and mobile.
- They offer guest screening empowered by Autohost (for the Premium plan).
- Hospitable’s Direct Premium website offers £4M worth of damage protection (powered by SUPERHOG).
- You can receive credit card payments through your website during booking. Hospitable will take the hit on lost payment processing fees if a guest cancels.
- Sales and lodging taxes are automatically calculated and collected.
Hospitable offers two websites: Direct Premium and Direct Basic. Their pricing is different based on the number of properties. But the base price for businesses with less than 10 properties is £6/property for Direct Basic and £4/property for Direct Premium. Direct Premium has also a per-booking charge of 6% of the nightly rate and fees + £8.
Direct Basic is designed for hosts who are experienced in handling direct bookings and prefer a “do-it-yourself” approach. With this option, you can use site builder, booking widget, and tax collection features. Direct Premium includes the aforementioned features plus tax calculation, payment processing fees, guest vetting, and £4M damage protection.
Uplisting does not have the option for defining and pushing weekly and/or monthly rates.
- Allows use of custom codes to proactively offer guests to extend a reservation.
- Enables hosts to inform guests about the possibility of extending their stay automatically by sending a message only if the day before or after their booking is available.
Automated Guest Messages are designed to keep your guest informed from booking to check-out. You can make a unique tone of voice for the message templates. You can enable automated messages as below:
- New Booking
Sent when a booking is confirmed (sent within 10 minutes of booking).
- One week before check-in (based on check-in time)
This message is sent out if the guest books less than 7 days before check-in, but not if they book on the day of check-in.
- Reminder of upcoming stay
Sent 72 hours (3 days) before check-in (based on check-in time).
- Check-in instructions
Sent 24 hours (1 day) before check-in (based on check-in time).
- Day of check-in
Sent 1 hour before check-in (based on check-in time).
- First morning of stay
Sent at 10 am on the day after check-in (first morning of guest stay).
- Before check-out
Sent 16 hours before check-out (based on check-out time).
- After check-out
Sent 24 hours (1 day) after check-out (based on check-out time).
Unified Inbox centralises guest communications.
Automated Review enables you to leave reviews for guests and increases the number of guests who will leave a review for you.
Enquiry auto-responder can respond instantly. You can also delay the response to up to 60 minutes to respond manually.
Saved replies can speed up guest messaging.
Uplisting manages your booking process as explained below:
- The guest reserves your property on Booking.com, Vrbo or on your website, and the booking is synced to Uplisting.
- [5 mins later] The guest receives a ‘New Booking’ message (if enabled).
- [At the same time] The guest’s credit card details are validated on Uplisting. If the credit card is invalid, the booking is marked as invalid on Booking.com.
- [24 hours before check-in] The security deposit is collected using the payment details provided.
- If the booking is less than six days in length, a pre-authorisation is taken on the card (no funds are transferred). If greater than six days, the security deposit amount is charged and will be transferred to your bank account via Stripe.
- The check-in instructions email will be automatically triggered based on your trigger rules.
- On successful check-out, a pre-authorisation is automatically lifted within seven days. If the booking was longer than six nights, you would need to issue a refund via Stripe manually.
- After completing the booking process, Hospitable sends guests a confirmation email containing their booking request details and a reference ID.
- Hospitable offers AI-powered messaging, which is available in 29 languages.
- Hospitable provides pre-programmed answers to common questions.
- They instantly piece together your information and details about the reservation to send a quick response.
- Their integration with ChatGPT allows you to craft responses instantly.
Uplisting provides you with a certain set of data about your guests. Using Uplisting, you can have records of
- Guest lists
- Guest name
- Phone number and email address
- Number of guests
- Booking site confirmation code
With Hospitable, you have the ability to designate positions, such as Owner, Manager, Check-in, Concierge, Check-out, Cleaning, Laundry, and Maintenance for your team members. You can also choose the particular functions and areas that your team members will be able to access.
Uplisting has a mobile app for IOS and Android. Using the mobile app, you
- Get notifications for every new guest message from Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo (HomeAway), and direct bookings.
- Have all guest messages in one place.
- Can use pre-filled response templates to save time. You can easily select a template from your phone when responding to a guest.
- Can pull the guest’s booking data into the message with personalised snippets.
You can help the guests in real-time by answering back to them, changing the arrival time, sending them your pre-set templates, or stopping the automated email messaging for that particular guest.
You can also call the guests.
If you do not have time to answer the guest, you can also change the reservation’s status, booking type, and booking site.
The Hospitable mobile app has the same features as the desktop app.
With this app:
- You can communicate with your guests via the unified Inbox.
- You can view the week or month ahead on the integrated calendar.
- You can create and edit your messaging rules, question detection, and review settings in the Guest Experience section.
- You can personalise your messages by creating or editing your own custom codes or using their 70+ shortcodes.
- You can delegate tasks to other members of your team, automatically or manually, using the Operations section.
- You will get notifications in real-time whenever you receive a message in the Inbox.
Uplisting helps you manage different Airbnb and Booking.com accounts from one central system, meaning that the properties may also be in different locations.
Uplisting Action Screen, which is like a to-do list, will show you the list of your check-ins and check-outs weekly.
- Uplisting Action Screen is very mobile-friendly and is also printable.
- You can use Actions to track guests.
- You can mark guests as checked-in or checked-out for guest management, which is visible on the main Action view. It is helpful in arranging cleaning and other tasks.
- Hospitable enables you to simultaneously modify pricing and availability for several properties. And these adjustments will be pushed to your listings across all platforms.
- You have the option to include notes for a single day or for multiple days within the calendar. This functionality allows you to provide context for why a specific date is reserved or why you’ve adjusted the pricing for a particular day.
- You can link Hospitable.com webhooks with Zapier for enhanced automation of your business operations. These webhooks will be dispatched whenever you get a fresh booking or when there’s a modification in the reservation’s “status.”
Uplisting gives access to your invited owners.
Its owner portal gives owners access to action and calendar screens with certain limitations. For instance, the owners can see the bookings and unavailability; they can also create blocked dates. However, they cannot see guest contact details or messages.
With Hospitable, you can assign the Owner role and select specific features and properties the owner can access.
Uplisting collects all the payments using 3D Secure Links, thanks to its integration with Stripe. If you do not wish to use a Stripe account for all your properties, you can decide which ones you want to connect to your account, enabling guests to pay while booking from your website.
Uplisting verifies whether the guest’s credit card is valid or not. If it is not, Uplisting will automatically mark the card as invalid on Booking.com, and the same thing happens for your direct website bookings.
Hospitable complies with PCI Level 2 standards, and an Attestation of Compliance (AOC) can be provided upon request.
They neither handle nor retain credit card information from hosts when they make payments for Hospitable services.
For this, Hospitable delegates the responsibility of processing credit card and PayPal transactions to Braintree. Braintree is a trusted provider that facilitates online transactions for many businesses and adheres to PCI standards when it comes to securely storing and managing credit card data.
Hospitable does not handle or retain credit card information for Airbnb and Vrbo guests. For Booking.com guests, they store tokenised credit card details in accordance with PCI-DSS standards and delegate payment processing to Stripe.
Uplisting provides you with some reports which can be filtered by date range and/or listing.
You can use Uplisting reports for
- Client invoicing: you can quickly calculate client invoices by filtering the invoice list to an individual property on a monthly basis.
- Task scheduling and operations: it gives you a list of cleanings, maintenance tasks, and welcomes.
- Accounting reports: these include a price breakdown for all bookings, and you can work out your earnings and tax deductibles (cleaning, booking site commission).
- Performance analysis: you can find more about your average daily rate and nightly occupancy, the average length of stay, and nights sold.
You can also export all your reports in CSV.
Uplisting offers integration with Key Data, a trusted data & analytics provider of real-time vacation rental market data for the short-term rental industry.
- You can export financial and operational data and then import them into your accounting and analytics software.
- You can customise your data filters to extract insights according to various criteria, including property, dates, guest identities, team members, and more.
Uplisting offers integration with Wheelhouse, PriceLabs, Beyond, and Airbnb Smart Pricing for dynamic pricing.
Uplisting pushes your rates to all the channels you are linked to in real-time.
You can set different markup percentages for any OTAs and see the final price published to each channel separately under your default rate, which is applied to your website and used by the admin.
You can also check promotions and last-minute discounts from your Uplisting account.
Hospitable seamlessly integrates with Beyond and PriceLabs, enabling you to apply their dynamic pricing solution to all of your listings on VRBO, Airbnb, and Booking.com.
- Live Online
- 24/7 (Live Rep)
- Business Hours
Hospitable support team is typically accessible 24/7 during the weekdays and offers extra assistance on weekends. You can get in touch with them by sending an email to [email protected] or engaging in a live chat.
They also provide Hospitable Hosts Workshops. These workshops cover a wide range of topics, from scaling up to handling emotional support and service animal requests.
Uplisting does not have any dashboards for analytics like occupancy or rates yet.
However, as you may be managing other people’s properties, Uplisting provides you with a management fee report per booking.
The management fee is included in each booking price breakdown, reports, and the Zapier app’s webhooks.
As Uplisting offers integration with Zapier, you can have your account connected to Xero, ZohoBooks, etc. for your accounting.
Uplisting’s unified inbox displays all your guest messages in a single feed. You can quickly view and reply to messages from your Airbnb and Booking.com accounts, even if you are using multiple accounts!
Uplisting’s unified inbox for other booking sites such as HomeAway/Vrbo via email is coming soon.
In Uplisting unified inbox, you can:
- Close & star guest messages.
- Filter guest messages.
- Change message ordering.
- Save replies as templates.
- Reply to your multiple accounts’ messages using your mobile phone.
Hospitable’s Unified Inbox pulls messages from Vrbo, Booking.com, and Airbnb inbox into one centralised inbox.
They gather all the necessary information, including guest reviews, ratings, and location details, ensuring that both you and the software have the essential data required to provide timely and welcoming responses.
Your responses seem to originate from the same platform where guests interacted with you. So, they won’t need to use a different application or communication channel.
Uplisting pricing starts at 14.45 GBP ($20.00) per month, and there is 0% commission. Minimum subscription is 72.23 GBP/m ($100/m) for 5 listings. If you have 1-5 properties, you need to pay 72.23 GBP ($100) no matter if you have 1 or 5. Uplisting does not have a free version, but it offers a free trial.
Hospitable offers a subscription-based pricing model, with prices starting at £30 per month for two listings. After the first two, users only pay for listings that receive bookings on each given billing month.
Uplisting vs Hospitable: Which Property Management System to Choose?
Uplisting is a well-known Vacation Rental Management Software. The system sets automated messages and helps you get connected to multiple booking channels. Uplisting automatically pulls your listings from Airbnb and pushes your data to Booking.com, HomeAway, and Vrbo. Thus, it can be one of your choices if you manage your properties using these channels only.
Hospitable primarily serves smaller enterprises, particularly independent landlords and smaller property management companies with a minimum of two rental properties. So, its services are designed to be straightforward and uncomplicated. Its flexible and transparent pricing enables users to only pay for listings that are actively rented and know exactly how much they will be charged each month. However, their direct booking website comes with additional costs and some features are only available in the Direct Premium plan. In addition, Hospitable has no direct contact number for its support team, so all communication takes place through email or online chat.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.