iGMS vs Uplisting
This article examines iGMS vs Uplisting by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from iGMS’s and Uplisting’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, iGMS has a rating of 4.6, with the highest score for Value for Money and Customer Service.
Trustpilot introduces iGMS as an Excellent tool with a 4.3 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Uplisting has a rating of 4.9, with the highest score for Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Uplisting as an Excellent tool with a 4.8 TrustScore.
iGMS’s booking processing is effortless and straightforward. Every booking that hits your properties from OTAs has a reservation card in which the guest’s contact information is listed.
iGMS automates your payment processing, and you can also make refunds quickly. You can use the pre-set email templates for each property or create new ones manually and easily use them for communication. Your check-in instructions will also be sent out in one of the emails.
Uplisting automatically collects the payment using Stripe 3D Secure Links. It automatically pre-authorises and releases the security deposit amount that you have set for your Booking.com and HomeAway guests. Even if it is a channel collect, the guests will receive a link on the OTAs’ chatbox where they give you their payment information, and the amount will be pre-authorised and released based on the timeline you have set for each property.
Uplisting decides whether to hold or collect the security deposit amount based on the length of the guests’ stay.
In the end, the guests will go through the verification process. They are asked to upload a picture of their passports, driving licences, or identity cards. They can easily use their phone cameras to take a photo if needed.
Guests can also allow you to use their contact information for further marketing, and the consent will be GDPR-compliant.
iGMS offers native integrations with Airbnb, Vrbo, and Booking.com, and it offers iCal support for various OTAs.
Getting connected to Airbnb, HomeAway, and Vrbo, you can sync your availability, occupancy, pricing, and messaging with your iGMS account and manage them from your multi-calendar within the system.
Regarding the rest of the channels, you can only import/export your tasks and availability using the iCal connection, which requires your supervision as it takes some time for it to get updated each time a change is made.
Once you create your Uplisting account and connect to Airbnb, you can have all your listings imported to Uplisting, including prices, availability, bookings, and listing content.
You can set different OTAs rates that you are linked to and check the prices published on each in your calendar.
iGMS generates mid-stay housekeeping and check-out housekeeping tasks automatically from the system upon every entry/check-out. Your iGMS multi-calendar will provide you with three types of functions differentiated with three different colours:
- Red tasks — assigned cleaning visits are indicated by a © in the multi-calendar, and unassigned ones have a silhouette of a person. Cleaning visits are automatically created upon check-out of each reservation. It is not possible to have more than one cleaning visit per day.
- Purple tasks — short visits, inspections or handyman appointments. The number of tasks per day is not limited.
- Green tasks with a check mark — completed cleaning visits and tasks.
An iGMS account holder can set up Access and Permissions in each team member’s account in the Team & Members section.
Uplisting helps you automate your cleaning management.
- Uplisting gives limited access to your housekeepers.
- For each of your bookings, a corresponding changeover band is created which shows the property name, property address, existing guest name, check-out time and date, and the number of guests (if available).
- Your housekeepers will get updated about any changes in the information above, booking modifications, and cancellations via email.
- The housekeeper can decide whether to accept the changeover or not, and the host will get notified about it upon refreshing the platform or via email.
- Different housekeepers can be assigned to one or more properties of yours, which means they can only check the information about the chosen properties.
- You can leave notes for your cleaners about each booking.
- You can keep track of the time each housekeeper starts and ends his/her task.
- Your housekeepers have a cleaning schedule automatically created based on the bookings.
- You can also have cleaning teams defined in the system.
iGMS sends check-in instructions to guests via a set of ready-made email templates for each property. You can also create new templates for each booking, message them from the unified inbox, welcome them, and provide them with the necessary information for each check-in.
You can automatically send your check-in instructions to your guests, using automated messages based on the trigger rules you choose in Uplisting.
Regarding guest details and payment, the process is automated for direct bookings, and for channel bookings, the guests’ information will get updated.
Uplisting also generates a security deposit link for all your bookings. Still, as they believe some of the guests may not expect to pay a security deposit, you can easily copy-paste or email the link to the ones you wish to.
- iGMS does not have a booking engine yet, but it is on their roadmap.
- There is no way to connect your website to your iGMS account. However, you can create each direct booking manually in iGMS and automate your communications and housekeeping afterwards.
Instant Website Builder
With the iGMS Website Builder, you can set up your website with no coding knowledge. All it takes is a simple click on the “Create a website” button to transform your Airbnb listing into a fully functional website. All your information, including property descriptions, photos, amenities, and pricing will be automatically pulled from Airbnb.
- Uplisting direct booking website contains all of your listings’ information, including pictures, availability, and prices.
- The website is hosted securely, so you do not need to hire developers or buy a domain name.
- Direct bookings automatically block your dates on Airbnb, Booking.com, and other platforms.
- Uplisting gives you the chance to have a domain name without having to pay for that.
- Uplisting direct booking website automatically represents all your properties as they are shown on Airbnb with a click of a button.
- The website is mobile responsive.
iGMS offers a tool for times when a guest wants to stay longer in your properties, which is editing the booking without going to your Airbnb account to make changes to the booking details. The property, the price, the number of guests, the dates, and the number of nights can be altered from inside the reservation card.
Uplisting does not have the option for defining and pushing weekly and/or monthly rates.
- iGMS’s hosts and their teams can view structured information about the booking in reservation cards, such as the property, dates, guests, and the reservation cost.
- You can set up how the check-in will take place. A concierge can be assigned or you can also select self check-in for the task.
- Hosts can also add instructions and assign tasks to the team member related to cleaning or check-out.
- There are specific pre-set email templates for check-in instructions for each property, which are sent out automatically to your guests from Airbnb, HomeAway, and Vrbo.
Automated Guest Messages are designed to keep your guest informed from booking to check-out. You can make a unique tone of voice for the message templates. You can enable automated messages as below:
- New Booking
Sent when a booking is confirmed (sent within 10 minutes of booking).
- One week before check-in (based on check-in time) This message is sent out if the guest books less than 7 days before check-in, but not if they book on the day of check-in.
- Reminder of upcoming stay Sent 72 hours (3 days) before check-in (based on check-in time).
- Check-in instructions Sent 24 hours (1 day) before check-in (based on check-in time).
- Day of check-in Sent 1 hour before check-in (based on check-in time).
- First morning of stay Sent at 10 am on the day after check-in (first morning of guest stay).
- Before check-out Sent 16 hours before check-out (based on check-out time).
- After check-out Sent 24 hours (1 day) after check-out (based on check-out time).
- The guest reserves your property on Booking.com, Vrbo or on your website, and the booking is synced to Uplisting.
- [5 mins later] The guest receives a ‘New Booking’ message (if enabled).
- [At the same time] The guest’s credit card details are validated on Uplisting. If the credit card is invalid, the booking is marked as invalid on Booking.com.
- [24 hours before check-in] The security deposit is collected using the payment details provided.
- If the booking is less than six days in length, a pre-authorisation is taken on the card (no funds are transferred). If greater than six days, the security deposit amount is charged and will be transferred to your bank account via Stripe.
- The check-in instructions email will be automatically triggered based on your trigger rules.
- On successful check-out, a pre-authorisation is automatically lifted within seven days. If the booking was longer than six nights, you would need to issue a refund via Stripe manually.
iGMS allows you to view the guest profile on the platform. The guest profile contains information about the guest, such as reservation code, contact details, their profile on Airbnb, government ID, work email, social accounts, selfies and more.
You can easily navigate to the reviews and recommendations that the guest has received. If you click on the guest’s photo, you will have the guest’s Airbnb verification information displayed. This allows Airbnb hosts to screen guests instantly via the software.
From the reservation card, hosts can message the guests or open the itinerary.
Uplisting provides you with a certain set of data about your guests. Using Uplisting, you can have records of
- Guest lists
- Guest name
- Phone number and email address
- Number of guests
- Booking site confirmation code
- Allows recording maintenance issues.
- Enables you to create a task for your fixer from the platform with the address, date, description of the issue, and approximate duration. You can also add notes for your staff about each task.
- Allows the fixers and the cleaners to turn the task’s status to complete when done and track them in real time.
- Sends the fixers notifications on their mobile phones via text messaging when the task is created automatically from the system or manually by another user of iGMS. They will also receive another message as a reminder the evening before.
- Creates a daily schedule for each staff of yours for the following day in order to avoid missing things.
iGMS has a mobile app and an iPod/iPad app that allows you to manage your properties fully from the app, just like when you are using the web version.
Uplisting has a mobile app for IOS and Android. Using the mobile app, you
- Get notifications for every new guest message from Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo (HomeAway), and direct bookings.
- Have all guest messages in one place.
- Can use pre-filled response templates to save time. You can easily select a template from your phone when responding to a guest.
- Can pull the guest’s booking data into the message with personalised snippets.
You can help the guests in real-time by answering back to them, changing the arrival time, sending them your pre-set templates, or stopping the automated email messaging for that particular guest.
You can also call the guests.
If you do not have time to answer the guest, you can also change the reservation’s status, booking type, and booking site.
iGMS enables you to manage different Airbnb accounts from one central system.
Uplisting helps you manage different Airbnb and Booking.com accounts from one central system, meaning that the properties may also be in different locations.
iGMS can automate your communications with the guests, your housekeepers, and maintenance staff fully.
- Communication: Pre-set email templates to be sent out to your Airbnb, Vrbo, HomeAway and Expedia guests automatically.
- Housekeeping: iGMS automatically generates check-out housekeeping tasks after each check-out. The software provides your housekeepers with a daily schedule to be followed using the staff portal.
- Maintenance: iGMS allows you to create profiles and tasks for the maintenance staff.
Uplisting Action Screen, which is like a to-do list, will show you the list of your check-ins and check-outs weekly.
- Uplisting Action Screen is very mobile-friendly and is also printable.
- You can use Actions to track guests.
- You can mark guests as checked-in or checked-out for guest management, which is visible on the main Action view. It is helpful in arranging cleaning and other tasks.
iGMS allows you to define different roles in your management system.
Each property can have only one property owner.
Uplisting gives access to your invited owners.
Its owner portal gives owners access to action and calendar screens with certain limitations. For instance, the owners can see the bookings and unavailability; they can also create blocked dates. However, they cannot see guest contact details or messages.
iGMS allows you to collect payments from your direct bookings, website, and hotel collections using the Stripe payment gateway.
- After connecting your Stripe account with iGMS, following every direct booking, the system will generate an invoice with the necessary information in the reservation card, which is editable.
- iGMS generates invoices, and the guests can complete their payments using Stripe 3D Secure Link.
- You can easily log payment and deposit if it is for a hotel.
- You can also refund the guest from the system.
Uplisting collects all the payments using 3D Secure Links, thanks to its integration with Stripe. If you do not wish to use a Stripe account for all your properties, you can decide which ones you want to connect to your account, enabling guests to pay while booking from your website.
Uplisting verifies whether the guest’s credit card is valid or not. If it is not, Uplisting will automatically mark the card as invalid on Booking.com, and the same thing happens for your direct website bookings.
iGMS’s reports include total revenue, cleaning and management fees, the number of cleaning tasks performed per month, taxes and service fees, payouts, and itinerary information.
The user could adjust iGMS reports, including payouts, reservations, monthly revenue, and tasks to give to other team members.
Uplisting provides you with some reports which can be filtered by date range and/or listing.
You can use Uplisting reports for
- Client invoicing: you can quickly calculate client invoices by filtering the invoice list to an individual property on a monthly basis.
- Task scheduling and operations: it gives you a list of cleanings, maintenance tasks, and welcomes.
- Accounting reports: these include a price breakdown for all bookings, and you can work out your earnings and tax deductibles (cleaning, booking site commission).
- Performance analysis: you can find more about your average daily rate and nightly occupancy, the average length of stay, and nights sold.
You can also export all your reports in CSV.
Uplisting offers integration with Key Data, a trusted data & analytics provider of real-time vacation rental market data for the short-term rental industry.
Uplisting offers integration with Wheelhouse, PriceLabs, Beyond, and Airbnb Smart Pricing for dynamic pricing.
Uplisting pushes your rates to all the channels you are linked to in real-time.
You can set different markup percentages for any OTAs and see the final price published to each channel separately under your default rate, which is applied to your website and used by the admin.
You can also check promotions and last-minute discounts from your Uplisting account.
iGMS offers a Help Desk, Email Support, and Website Chat Support for Pro, Flexible, and trial accounts. However, iGMS customer support working hours differ for each plan.
The Pro users can receive support Monday to Friday 24 hours and 9:00 to 17:00 on the weekends.
- Live Online
- 24/7 (Live Rep)
- Business Hours
Uplisting does not have any dashboards for analytics like occupancy or rates yet.
However, as you may be managing other people’s properties, Uplisting provides you with a management fee report per booking.
The management fee is included in each booking price breakdown, reports, and the Zapier app’s webhooks.
As Uplisting offers integration with Zapier, you can have your account connected to Xero, ZohoBooks, etc. for your accounting.
iGMS’s unified inbox only works for Airbnb, Booking.com, and HomeAway at the moment.
iGMS allows you to respond to all guest enquiries from Airbnb and HomeAway with ready-made email templates within the system. Messages received from Booking.com require you to search the name of the guest in iGMS messenger.
iGMS’s unified inbox lets you see the booking and guest details, pin, mark, answer the messages, write notes on a To-Do list, and alter reservations if necessary.
Uplisting’s unified inbox displays all your guest messages in a single feed. You can quickly view and reply to messages from your Airbnb and Booking.com accounts, even if you are using multiple accounts!
Uplisting’s unified inbox for other booking sites such as HomeAway/Vrbo via email is coming soon.
In Uplisting unified inbox, you can:
- Close & star guest messages.
- Filter guest messages.
- Change message ordering.
- Save replies as templates.
- Reply to your multiple accounts’ messages using your mobile phone.
iGMS offers two different plans, Flexible and PRO. The Flexible plan has limited features activated but allows you to use Airbnb listings with full functionality, using which you need to pay 0.74 GBP ($1) per night if you have reservations. If you decide to use a PRO plan, you can choose between a monthly or annual commitment.
At the beginning of each month, you will receive an invoice from the company that counts the number of your active properties – properties that have received at least one booking. Each property’s price under the annual plan is 14.76 GBP ($20), and it is 19.93 GBP ($27) on a monthly plan.
As for the cancellation of your subscription, they have specific policies that are good to know upfront. iGMS also offers a 14-day trial in the beginning, which is an excellent opportunity for you to decide whether it is the right solution for you or not.
Uplisting pricing starts at 14.45 GBP ($20.00) per month, and there is 0% commission. Minimum subscription is 72.23 GBP/m ($100/m) for 5 listings. If you have 1-5 properties, you need to pay 72.23 GBP ($100) no matter if you have 1 or 5. Uplisting does not have a free version, but it offers a free trial.
iGMS vs Uplisting: Which Property Management System to Choose?
To find the best PMS, you need to focus on your needs and expectations. Suppose you need a system that links you to some OTAs like Airbnb, Booking.com, and Expedia. In that case, iGMS helps you keep your calendar updated, manage your operations, and automate your communications. iGMS provides a central portal to manage and organise cleaning and maintenance teams. So, this platform makes it really easy to assign jobs, track work orders, make payments, and handle all the other tasks associated with cleaning and maintenance teams. However, iGMS offers only online support (no phone support) for both pro and free versions which isn’t ideal when you are in an emergency.
Uplisting is a well-known Vacation Rental Management Software. The system sets automated messages and helps you get connected to multiple booking channels. Uplisting automatically pulls your listings from Airbnb and pushes your data to Booking.com, HomeAway, and Vrbo. Thus, it can be one of your choices if you manage your properties using these channels only.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.