Zeevou vs Guesty
This article examines Zeevou vs Guesty by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from Zeevou’s and Guesty’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, Zeevou has a rating of 5.0, with the highest score for Customer Service, Features, and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Zeevou as a Great tool with a 3.9 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Guesty has a rating of 4.5, with the highest score for Ease of Use.
Trustpilot introduces Guesty as an Excellent tool with a 4.6 TrustScore.
When you receive a booking in Zeevou, the system sends out an email to the guest, stating the steps waiting to be taken. You can customise the steps.
- General Information
- Guests can specify if they are booking for themselves or on behalf of someone else.
- Zeevou hides any forwarding email addresses from channels to capture the guests’ real email addresses and GDPR-compliant marketing consent.
- Business and leisure bookers are identified.
- Early check-ins and late check-outs can be upsold.
- Information like booking purposes and other custom questions can be asked.
- Guest Information
- This optional step enables you to collect further information on all the guests staying to enrich your contact database.
- You can even ask the guest to upload files like a scanned version of their passport/ID or a photo of their card.
- Zeevou’s e-signature feature allows you to get your terms and conditions digitally signed by guests.
- Zeevou shows if the guest has signed your terms and conditions. You can review all the information and verify the guest in the system.
- Once a guest has been marked as verified, a copy of the agreement envelope will be available for download.
- Upsells & Payment
- A pop-up appears, allowing guests to buy specific services and add-ons.
- A 3-D Secure Link is sent to the guests to complete their payment, ignoring card details sent across by channels. 3-D Secure Payment Links reduce the risk of unauthorised usage of cards.
- Guests can download a draft invoice for their stay at the point of payment.
- Security Deposit
- The system will automatically attempt to block and release the funds off the card according to the specified timeline.
- Guests can enter two separate cards for the payment and security deposit.
Zeevou’s Check-In Ready feature provides a visual tracking system that shows the status of each guest’s check-in process. Hosts can tailor the check-in process for each property by selecting specific steps that guests need to complete during the Booking Confirmation Process.
Zeevou’s check-out management feature shows who has left the property on time and who has not checked out yet.
Guesty automates collecting guest information and verifying reservation details, Check-in Forms, rental agreements that explain your terms and conditions, and collecting guests’ e-signatures.
Guesty’s integration with CheKin allows the automatic collection of necessary documentation from guests, directs relevant information to the authorities, and allows guests to check in online ahead of time.
Zeevou offers 2-way API integrations with more than 200 channels from OTAs to property listing sites.
By using Zeevou,
- You can advertise your properties on Zeevou Direct, a commission-free OTA.
- You can add a fixed amount as a mark-up to compensate for the channel’s commission.
Guesty provides integrations with 60 different marketing platforms or channels. Almost every single channel uses a 2-way API connection instead of 1-way or an iCal connection.
Guesty has direct integrations with six online booking platforms, including Airbnb, Booking.com, Agoda, TripAdvisor, HomeAway and Misterb&b.
By using Guesty:
- You will access an auto-pricing tool which automatically adjusts prices across all booking platforms according to your specifications.
- You can use the official, step-by-step, Guesty-guided connection process for integrating with various OTAs.
- For Airbnb Integration, if you already have an Airbnb account, the integration takes about 5 minutes, and within 24 hours, all of your data from your Airbnb account or multiple accounts are pulled into Guesty.
Zeevou allows you to automate your cleaning management.
- Check-out & mid-stay housekeeping tasks are automatically generated according to your specified frequency of cleaning.
- You can keep track of housekeepers’ availability, and they can request leaves through the mobile app.
- Zeevou’s advanced allocation algorithm optimises task allocations to housekeepers based on the check-out and check-in times of guests, cleaners’ availability, and the average time needed to clean each unit type, taking into account travel time between properties.
- Housekeepers’ mobile app includes the status, the timing, and any notes you may have left for them. The system captures their time and location at the start and end of every task.
- Housekeepers can be required to take photos and videos for each task they complete so that you can check on the quality of the cleaning.
- Photos are timestamped to help combat unfounded guest complaints.
- Housekeepers can also report maintenance issues through the mobile app.
Guesty does not offer built-in cleaning features and suggests outsourcing cleaning services.
Zeevou offers a fully remote automated booking processing system that allows you to collect guest details, take payments, sort out security deposits, and verify your guests from your home or office remotely.
Whether you use key safes, door locks with codes, KeyNest, or any other solution, you are assured that guests will not be sent any check-in instructions unless they have met all the conditions that you choose to set.
RemoteLock integration with Zeevou allows property managers to use various smart locks. Self-expiring PIN codes can be created to track the guests’ arrivals and departures. It also provides a convenient check-in and check-out experience for the guests.
Guesty’s auto messaging enables you to send check-in instructions only if the Check-in Form has been completed. You can also use the filters to send your guests reminders to fill out the Check-in Form.
- Zeevou offers free direct booking websites which automatically transfer the information of your properties, unit types, and units from the PMS to the website.
- Zeevou’s website reflects all reservations made through your website in your central calendar.
- Zeevou generates a page for every country, city, and property similar to the system’s hierarchy.
- There are no booking-related charges for direct bookings.
- Zeevou’s booking engine pulls live rates and availability and supports multi-currency setups.
- You can collect payments through digital payment gateways and make safe payments with 3-D Secure Links.
- Zeevou’s website is mobile-friendly and compatible with all devices.
- The website is SEO-friendly and customisable, allowing you to create custom pages.
- It has a blog section to help you rank higher on search engines.
- The website has Open Tag Graphs for Facebook and Twitter content sharing.
- Zeevou integrates with the Google Search Console through the automatically generated sitemap, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, enabling you to track website performance.
- It integrates with WordPress through a plugin and other sites such as Wix using iFrame.
- You can create vouchers and promotions.
- You can set up add-ons to sell additional services as part of rate plans.
- Zeevou enables you to track and capture abandoned bookings at your direct booking website directly through Google Tag Manager.
- Zeevou allows you to add interactive features with custom scripts, such as live chat services.
- The website is GDPR-compliant.
- By connecting to your Airbnb account, your Airbnb reviews will show up automatically on your direct booking website.
Instant Website Builder
You can instantly convert your Airbnb listings into a free direct booking website with Zeevou. New users only need to copy and paste their Airbnb listing URL into the corresponding field on the website builder page, and the process of creating their website will begin automatically. Zeevou will read the Airbnb page and automatically populate the listing section of your website with relevant information. You only need to review the imported data – to make changes where necessary – and add specific details, including rates and min/max stay.
- Guesty offers its website builder to its users free of charge. However, Guesty charges a 3% commission of the income as its subscription fee.
- Guesty’s website reflects all reservations made through your website in your central calendar.
- Guesty allows you to sync your existing website with Guesty’s booking platform through Guesty’s Open API.
The website created by Guesty:
- enables you to create customisable coupons to offer discounts to your customers. The user can set the minimum number of nights required, valid reservation dates, expiration of the coupon, and the number of times the coupon can be used.
- allows customisation in a sense that features the listing of your choice on the homepage.
- can be integrated with Google Analytics to keep track of your marketing efforts.
- allows you to set up a Facebook Pixel to capture abandoned bookings directly through Facebook Ads.
- Allows hosts to set weekly and monthly rates.
- Ensures that monthly invoices for extended stays do not vary from month to month.
- Allows for the setting of multiple rate plans running in parallel so that a different rate can be adopted for a nightly stay to that of a monthly stay for the same listing.
Guesty allows you to:
- Incorporate mid-term stays into your rental company’s business model.
- Apply custom rate strategies to your listings, and Guesty will automatically adjust your prices and minimum night rules accordingly.
- Add your longer-term listings to Airbnb’s Monthly Stay programme along with other leading mid-term booking channels.
- Filter reports by the length of stay to tag extended stays within the Guesty admin to automate customised communication.
- After completing the automated booking process, the guest will be informed that their booking has been confirmed.
- Airbnb Messaging Autoresponder automatically responds to your guests when you are not available, thus boosting your Airbnb ranking.
- The notifications of Airbnb are shown in Zeevou because Airbnb supports API messaging. You can reply to the notification within Zeevou, and your replies will be displayed on Airbnb to guests.
- The notifications of Booking.com are also shown in Zeevou thanks to Booking.com messaging API.
- You can automate the sharing of a house manual with information on the property or details of local businesses and attractions.
- Closer to arrival, you can automate the sending of check-in instructions, including the ability to attach a check-in guide for each property.
- Customisable trigger rules and variable-based templates help you improve the guest experience.
- The VIP Guest Flagging feature of Zeevou enables you to keep track of your VIP guests, offering personalised services to them and enhancing their loyalty. You can flag your existing and new guest profiles with Gold, Silver, or Bronze badges.
- Zeevou’s integration with Guest Guru, a conversational AI platform, provides personalised responses and automates guest interactions.
Guesty’s 24/7 Guest Communication Services:
- Respond to your guests’ enquiries based on the urgency of incoming messages.
- Answer incoming enquiries during your team’s off-hours.
- Can adjust bookings at your multi-calendar based on availability, price and location.
- Prioritise your reviews, escalating the most urgent ones to your attention.
Through filled detailed questionnaires and brief onboarding phases, Guesty users hand over their guest communications to Guesty’s team of experts.
Zeevou has a built-in guest CRM.
- All the bookings related to a guest are displayed under their Guest Profile, whether the booking is pulled in from an OTA or your direct booking website.
- Payments and all the bookings are recorded in these guest profiles.
- Through the guest CRM, you can send notes, emails, and text messages to your guests, as well as log tasks that relate to them.
- You can keep track of whether or not a guest has already been verified in Zeevou.
- Guest profiles can be created in Zeevou even if they do not have a booking yet.
Zeevou enables you to:
- Record maintenance issues.
- Keep track of who reported them and how urgent they are.
- Add a description and upload attachments.
- Track the issues as they progress through various stages of completion.
- Avoid expensive call-out fees by checking whether a staff member has verified the issue reported yet or not.
- Get housekeepers to report maintenance issues at the point of cleaning by submitting them through Zeevou’s Mobile App.
Zeevou has released a mobile app for use by members of your team, which is the mobile version of Zeevou Hub. The Host App doesn’t currently include all the Hub’s features since it takes longer to develop them thoroughly on mobile. This application is under test now. With Zeevou Host App,
- You can see upcoming arrivals and pending check-outs based on a specific timeline in the booking section.
- In the booking list, each reservation is specified by the lead guest’s name, the channel, and the arrival/departure dates. It also shows the booking statuses with various colours and illustrates if the booking has cleaning or maintenance problems.
- You can easily make a block date or create a booking via Zeevou’s Host App when receiving a call from your guests anytime and anywhere.
- You can take care of cleaning issues promptly.
- You have all your messages unified in one inbox.
- You can use the booking actions such as extending and splitting the booking or changing the booking status.
- You can apply filters based on dates, property, booking status, payment status, and security deposit status.
The mobile app for housekeepers is a native mobile app available for Android and iOS. Zeevou mobile app enables you to:
- Automate the creation and assignment of check-out and mid-stay housekeeping tasks.
- Create tasks manually.
- Communicate essential points to your housekeepers within Zeevou.
- Get a report of any issues that housekeepers have noticed directly through the Zeevou Mobile App.
- Track the time and location at which housekeepers start and finish the cleans.
The Maintenance Mobile App, Investor Mobile App, and Guest Mobile App will be developed next. Further developments will cost you no money after being launched.
Guesty has its native mobile app, which enables its users to manage their business on-the-go by offering:
- Unified Inbox
- Task Management Tools
Employees will be notified through the access they have to the Task Management feature of your native mobile app. The employee’s task management software is included in the main app with a limited portion of information accessible.
- With Zeevou, you can manage a chain of properties or properties across different countries in one unified hub.
- You can set other currencies by property.
- The system architecture allows for global expansion as the structural hierarchy is based on multiple levels: countries, cities, areas, properties, buildings, floors, unit types, and units.
- Similar units are grouped under a unit type, allowing you to quickly shift bookings to maximise occupancy.
- At the property level, you can assign office staff, check-in staff, and housekeepers (a person, a team, or a company) who have limited access to the system. There are dedicated fields for check-in instructions, check-out instructions, and details on finding the property. These can all be pulled into the automated emails that you set up within Zeevou, avoiding the need to create a separate check-in template for each property.
- Zeevou enables you to operate multiple brands from one place while specifying a marketing distinction.
- You can enter your meta title and meta description for SEO purposes, in addition to specifying Open Graph Tags to optimise how your links are displayed across social media platforms.
- The hierarchy of the system is automatically reflected on Zeevou’s direct booking website and booking engine.
Guesty’s Multi-Unit feature allows you to group similar listings together. In this way, you can group your multi-units and single units to create a hotel complex and connect with SiteMinder and Booking.com. It also streamlines tasks and increases occupancy.
Zeevou automates a large number of your day-to-day administrative tasks centrally.
- Check-ins: The automated booking processing ensures that all the required steps have been completed before self check-in instructions are sent out.
- Housekeeping: Zeevou automatically generates check-out and mid-stay housekeeping tasks and assigns these to staff.
- Maintenance: Zeevou allows you to record and track the progress of your maintenance issues.
Zeevou allows you to provide real-time access to all your staff.
All users added to Zeevou can access the calendar and their tasks through the responsive web app to cut down on internal communications.
Zeevou allows you to create a profile for each company that you are outsourcing, like a cleaning provider, associating a manager profile with it and offers them a limited view of the booking calendar.
Zapier Integration connects your system to more than 3000 apps, including Google Calendar, Slack, Quickbooks, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Trello, Mailchimp, Benchmark, etc., for your vacation rental management.
Guesty enables task management by:
- Creating tasks after specific triggering events such as check-ins, check-outs, planned arrivals or departures and reservation confirmations. Triggers might be related to property availability such as first availability in a row or end of rentals.
After completion of certain tasks, other actions are activated automatically similar to the domino effect.
- Creating manual tasks and notifying the assignee.
- Using the Task Management feature of the Guesty mobile app.
Zeevou’s Owner Portal offers real-time access to owners and investors. Hosts can specify the access level of the owners, landlords, and investors.
Staff with access to financial details will see:
- Arrival and departure times.
- The number of guests staying.
- The finances relating to the booking.
- The Monthly Profit Report: they can see details of all income and expenses related to their property (Blaze and Dazzle hosts).
- Commissions held by booking agents.
- Management fees charged by hosts (Blaze and Dazzle hosts).
Hosts with access to guest data, in addition to the above, will see:
- The names and contact details of The guests staying.
Investors can also create bookings and block dates directly within Zeevou.
Guesty’s Owner Portal brings transparency for the owners and is compatible with 15+ different languages.
It provides reports that detail each property’s yearly and monthly revenues, compare their performances to one another and highlight notable trends.
Guesty’s Owner Portal allows the owners to reserve a stay at their properties directly from the portal.
Zeevou streamlines the whole booking process and takes care of everything before a guest is given access. Zeevou:
- Sends a 3-D Secure Payment Link to collect payments for bookings and add-ons, reducing the chances of fraud and chargebacks.
- Allows you to integrate with payment gateways (PayPal, Stripe, Elavon, Worldpay, and First Data) to set different levels of security requirements based on the transaction amount.
- Enables you to log payments taken outside of the system in cash, by bank transfer, or through a card reader.
- Allows you to take payments over the phone.
- Has the option of turning on weekly or monthly invoicing.
- Has the Partial Payment Link feature to generate a payment link to collect payment for part of a booking to split the cost of a booking between guests.
Guesty’s online payment processor accumulates guests’ charges under their reservation, facilitates payments, and sends receipts to guests.
The auto-payments feature allows Guesty to charge guests according to your specified policies.
The auto-payments feature allows collecting each payment at the stage of your choice. However, one person on Capterra has mentioned the deficiency of this feature and Guesty’s inability to split payment.
Guesty’s payment processing feature collects all payment-related information, adding them automatically to the data on your dashboard, which is useful for charging repeat guests.
- The reports can be filtered and sorted based on various fields. Specific searches can be saved to be reused in the future.
- Data can be exported and downloaded as CSV or Excel files.
- Zeevou offers Profit Analysis for both hosts and investors in real-time. In this report, information about channel commissions, card payment fees, and profit of selling add-ons can be provided.
- A number of operational reports can also be accessed by users, their staff, and outsourced companies.
- Zeevou’s Performance Report gives interactive details of relevant KPIs for operational decision-making. Each KPI has its own chart with different views based on the chosen time frame.
Guesty Reporting Tools create reports on specific aspects of your business from over 65 parameters, including check-in time, addresses, revenue and many more.
Zeevou also offers a free Dynamic Pricing feature that enables you to receive dynamic rates from PriceLabs within a minimum and maximum rate boundary. You can specify the rate plans you want to apply rates to for 30 days rolling.
Alternatively, Zeevou enables you to adapt the rate plans automatically by Rate Rules. This feature allows you to define your own rules to have a more customised rate-setting.
Guesty’s Yield Management feature sets custom rate strategies to adjust rates and minimum night stay rules and offers rate plans.
Zeevou provides setup, onboarding, and training support for free for all the Dazzle, Glow and Blaze hosts. You get a Partner Success Manager who will accompany you throughout onboarding and support you should you have any queries or concerns.
Zeevou will automatically import all your future Airbnb and Booking.com bookings, and you can import the rest using the Bulk Booking Import functionality.
Zeevou’s onboarding support is provided for as long as you need, as the ultimate goal is to make sure that you feel confident in using the system and get all the support you require.
For any specific queries, bug reports, or to request new features, the built-in support system allows you to Raise a Hand directly to the developers.
Zeevou’s monthly Host Forums also allow you to provide your feedback on the recently released features and contribute to Zeevou’s roadmap.
The main way to reach Guesty is through live chat, accessible on all pages of their website. They are committed to being available 24/7 and responding to messages in a timely manner. Moreover, you can contact the partnerships and press team by email in five different languages.
There is also a 5-week onboarding process which comes at an additional cost and is separate from the month-to-month subscription fee.
Zeevou has integration with Xero. The Xero integration automates posting of invoices, incomes, and expenses and simplifies reconciliation. Whenever a guest checks out, Xero automatically sends the invoice to you. Zeevou also allows you to differentiate between income within the system.
Zeevou supports standard invoicing, as well as proxy invoicing for managed units and TOMS invoicing for EU-based operators.
Investor Deals in Zeevou allow you to configure the system to calculate income and expenses to mirror the deal you have set up in real life in a highly customisable manner.
The invoices generated by Zeevou take into account the investor deal to work out the account they should be applied to and the tax schema to be used.
Zeevou also allows hosts to keep track of expenses – whether they are recurring or one-off or payment-related expenses, such as transaction costs or currency conversion fees. Expenses can also be allocated in full or in part to investors. The information around the splits in income and expenses between you and your investors is then taken into account in the Monthly Profit Report.
Zeevou also allows you to specify for each Investor Deal whether you want the funds to flow to your payment gateway or to that of the investor.
Guesty is integrated with Quickbooks and Xero for facilitating trust accounting.
Sage Intacct is another integration you need to have if your vacation rental business is considered an enterprise-size company.
Guesty does not include a built-in accounting module.
Zeevou’s Unified Inbox feature allows you to import all your emails, from emails from the OTAs to normal correspondence. In addition, you can access all messages from channel communications to text messages in the same place. It shows Airbnb and Booking.com messages from the enquiry level, while for other channels, it displays messages after booking confirmation.
In the conversation view of Zeevou Unified Inbox, communications are visible in a timeline with details.
You can see the details of the related booking in each communication. Also, each booking contains a log of all communications (whether emails or SMSes) that relate to them.
Guesty’s unified inbox lets you receive emails and enquiries through booking channels.
Archiving and filtering capabilities, and also Saved Views are useful. The most effective Saved Views suggested by Guesty are:
- Potential guests
- Guests checking in that day
Zeevou offers four sets of prices depending on the features included in each plan. These four pricing plans are Spark, Glow, Blaze, and Dazzle. The Spark plan, which is free, connects you to the community of hosts seeking to optimise their hospitality businesses. This plan includes a free direct booking website together with other basic but still very useful tools. The Glow plan’s main purpose is to increase your turnover by maximising bookings. The price per self-catering apartment/unit on the Glow Plan is 24 GBP per month.
The Blaze plan will give the users a handful of Zeevou features which brings ultimate automation to its users. Blaze costs 38 GBP per unit per month and includes all the features of Spark and Glow plus:
- Small Group Business Support
- Rate Rules
- Check-Out Management
- Cleaning App
- Real-Time Reporting
- Maintenance Management
- All Integrations
- Task Management
- Unlimited Seats
- Custom CSS
- Dynamic Pricing (30 days rolling)
According to Zeevou’s pricing strategy, rooms cost less than apartments, and you can save up to 80% if you go with Annual Commitment. The more units you commit to Zeevou, the less you have to pay per each, and the price drops exponentially. All sign-ups come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Guesty’s pricing strategy is different from most of its competitors, and the pricing information is not publicly available. However, it is a commission-based pricing model, so you will be charged for bookings made through the software. If you want to have a more accurate estimation of how much your costs would be, you may schedule a conversation with the Guesty sales team.
Zeevou vs Guesty: Which Property Management System to Choose?
Guesty is one of the most popular PMS providers in the vacation rental industry. Guesty has a different pricing strategy compared to most of its competitors. The pricing model is commission-based, which means you will be charged for the bookings made through the software. This naturally increases the amount of commission you have to pay to Guesty while managing and scaling your short-term rental business. Guesty lacks built-in trust accounting, cleaning management, and maintenance management. However, Guesty is famous for having one of the most user-friendly platforms in the industry.
Zeevou allows both small and large businesses to make the most of the features and functionalities developed for utmost automation and direct booking promotion. Apart from aiming to maximise the amount of automation in different fields like messaging, guest experience, self-check-in, and direct booking, Zeevou offers financial solutions and operational tools such as cleaning, maintenance, staff, and contractor management. In other words, by signing up to Zeevou, you can access an all-in-one piece of software that manages all aspects of your business, and there are no hidden or extra charges. Bookkeeping and accounting for your vacation rental business will never be a hassle. You can specify how income, expenses, and add-ons sold should be split between different parties.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.