Zeevou vs Hostaway
This article examines Zeevou vs Hostaway by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from Zeevou’s and Hostaway’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, Zeevou has a rating of 5.0, with the highest score for Customer Service, Features, and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Zeevou as an Excellent tool with a 4.8 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Hostaway has a rating of 4.7, with the highest score for Customer Service.
Trustpilot introduces Hostaway as an Excellent tool with a 4.8 TrustScore.
When you receive a booking in Zeevou, the system sends out an email to the guest, stating the steps waiting to be taken. You can customise the steps.
- General Information
- Guests can specify if they are booking for themselves or on behalf of someone else.
- Zeevou hides any forwarding email addresses from channels to capture the guests’ real email addresses and GDPR-compliant marketing consent.
- Business and leisure bookers are identified.
- Early check-ins and late check-outs can be upsold.
- Information like booking purposes and other custom questions can be asked.
- Guest Information
- This optional step enables you to collect further information on all the guests staying to enrich your contact database.
- You can even ask the guest to upload files like a scanned version of their passport/ID or a photo of their card.
- Zeevou’s e-signature feature allows you to get your terms and conditions digitally signed by guests.
- Zeevou shows if the guest has signed your terms and conditions. You can review all the information and verify the guest in the system.
- Once a guest has been marked as verified, a copy of the agreement envelope will be available for download.
- Upsells & Payment
- A pop-up appears, allowing guests to buy specific services and add-ons.
- A 3-D Secure Link is sent to the guests to complete their payment, ignoring card details sent across by channels. 3-D Secure Payment Links reduce the risk of unauthorised usage of cards.
- Guests can download a draft invoice for their stay at the point of payment.
- Security Deposit
- The system will automatically attempt to block and release the funds off the card according to the specified timeline.
- Guests can enter two separate cards for the payment and security deposit.
Zeevou’s check-out management feature shows who has left the property on time and who has not checked out yet.
Hostaway sends out automated messages called “Native Messages” to the guests based on the reservation event. These auto-messages will be sent to channels like Airbnb, and the guests receive them on Airbnb.
You can set messages in Hostaway and send them out for Expedia, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, and Booking.com.
Regarding payments, if the channels do not process them, they will pass you the card details, and you can charge the cards to proceed with the payment through your Stripe account.
Zeevou offers 2-way API integrations with more than 200 channels from OTAs to property listing sites.
By using Zeevou,
- You can advertise your properties on Zeevou Direct, a commission-free OTA.
- You can add a fixed amount as a mark-up to compensate for the channel’s commission.
Hostaway offers integration with top channels such as Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, HomeAway/Vrbo, 9flats.com, and Innclusive (which provides a commission-free listing for the owners). Hostaway also offers iCal integration with other channels such as OwnersDirect, Tripping.com, Widmu, Perfect Places, and OneFineStay.
- Pushes rates and availability in real time and makes sure that those are up to date across all channels.
- Enables you to export your listings (calendar and content) from Hostaway into HomeAway/Vrbo if you have five or more active listings, and they are listed on HomeAway/Vrbo.
- Offers a manual iCal synchronisation when you have less than five listings for TripAdvisor and Flipkey. If you have five or more listings, Hostaway offers a 1-way API integration.
- Lets you export your listings to Booking.com if you have more than five listings. However, you can only export one listing per address.
- Sets channel mark-ups.
- Sets a “booking window” at channel level.
- Notifies you if there is a “modified reservation” by using the “Airbnb Pro” connection. You can also manage “Special Offers” in your Hostaway account.
Zeevou allows you to automate your cleaning management.
- Check-out & mid-stay housekeeping tasks are automatically generated according to your specified frequency of cleaning.
- You can keep track of housekeepers’ availability, and they can request leaves through the mobile app.
- Zeevou’s advanced allocation algorithm optimises task allocations to housekeepers based on the check-out and check-in times of guests, cleaners’ availability, and the average time needed to clean each unit type, taking into account travel time between properties.
- Housekeepers’ mobile app includes the status, the timing, and any notes you may have left for them. The system captures their time and location at the start and end of every task.
- Housekeepers can be required to take photos for each task they complete so that you can check on the quality of the cleaning.
- Photos are timestamped to help combat unfounded guest complaints.
- Housekeepers can also report maintenance issues through the mobile app.
Hostaway gets help from cleaning services through integrations with Properly and Doinn. You can export your listings into these platforms.
- In Hostaway, you can set up cleaning tasks before arrival and after check-out.
- The housekeepers have access to the tasks on both the dashboard and their mobile app, where they can attach photos and leave comments.
Zeevou offers a fully remote automated booking processing system that allows you to collect guest details, take payments, sort out security deposits, and verify your guests from your home or office remotely.
Whether you use key safes, door locks with codes, KeyNest, or any other solution, you are assured that guests will not be sent any check-in instructions unless they have met all the conditions that you choose to set.
RemoteLock integration with Zeevou allows property managers to use various smart locks. Self-expiring PIN codes can be created to track the guests’ arrivals and departures. It also provides a convenient check-in and check-out experience for the guests.
Hostaway integrates with Operto. Operto sends the access codes to the guests after you set a message in Hostaway to allow it to send those codes.
- Zeevou offers free direct booking websites which automatically transfer the information of your properties, unit types, and units from the PMS to the website.
- Zeevou’s website reflects all reservations made through your website in your central calendar.
- Zeevou generates a page for every country, city, and property similar to the system’s hierarchy.
- There are no booking-related charges for direct bookings.
- Zeevou’s booking engine pulls live rates and availability and supports multi-currency setups.
- You can collect payments through digital payment gateways and make safe payments with 3-D Secure Links.
- Zeevou’s website is mobile-friendly and compatible with all devices.
- The website is SEO-friendly and customisable, allowing you to create custom pages.
- It has a blog section to help you rank higher on search engines.
- The website has Open Tag Graphs for Facebook and Twitter content sharing.
- Zeevou integrates with the Google Search Console through the automatically generated sitemap, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, enabling you to track website performance.
- It integrates with WordPress through a plugin and other sites such as Wix using iFrame.
- You can create vouchers and promotions.
- You can set up add-ons to sell additional services as part of rate plans.
- Zeevou enables you to track and capture abandoned bookings at your direct booking website directly through Google Tag Manager.
- Zeevou allows you to add interactive features with custom scripts, such as live chat services.
- The website is GDPR-compliant.
- By connecting to your Airbnb account, your Airbnb reviews will show up automatically on your direct booking website.
- Hostaway allows you to choose the subdomain’s name for your direct booking website, select the listings you would like to be published on the website, and add titles, content, background images, and social media contact information.
- Your Stripe account will be connected to your website.
- You can use the WordPress plugin to connect your website to Hostaway’s website.
- Hostaway’s Open API option enables you to integrate your Hostaway software with any other website.
- Allows hosts to set weekly and monthly rates.
- Ensures that monthly invoices for extended stays do not vary from month to month.
- Allows for the setting of multiple rate plans running in parallel so that a different rate can be adopted for a nightly stay to that of a monthly stay for the same listing.
- Hostaway allows you to set weekly and monthly rates and push them to the channels.
- You can set rates for all the connected channels by editing them on the calendar.
- You also have the option to import rates from your Airbnb account into Hostaway and send them to other channels.
- After completing the automated booking process, the guest will be informed that their booking has been confirmed.
- Airbnb Messaging Autoresponder automatically responds to your guests when you are not available, thus boosting your Airbnb ranking.
- The notifications of Airbnb are shown in Zeevou because Airbnb supports API messaging. You can reply to the notification within Zeevou, and your replies will be displayed on Airbnb to guests.
- The notifications of Booking.com are also shown in Zeevou thanks to Booking.com messaging API.
- You can automate the sharing of a house manual with information on the property or details of local businesses and attractions.
- Closer to arrival, you can automate the sending of check-in instructions, including the ability to attach a check-in guide for each property.
- Customisable trigger rules and variable-based templates help you improve the guest experience.
- The VIP Guest Flagging feature of Zeevou enables you to keep track of your VIP guests, offering personalised services to them and enhancing their loyalty. You can flag your existing and new guest profiles with Gold, Silver, or Bronze badges.
- Hostaway facilitates guest experience through integration with YourWelcome and Wishbox.
- Through Hostaway, you can send messages automatically, thanking the guests for reservations, welcome messages, and post-check-out messages and trigger them according to the channel, listing, or event type.
- You can choose templates from the system and set this automation for all channels or all listings, one listing, or one specific channel.
- You can set triggers and send the message based on the reservation status, arrival/departure, enquiry, and pending reservation. You can pause, cancel, or edit these “scheduled messages” and send them manually.
- The “Native Messaging” feature enables you to send the message to Airbnb and Booking.com, and these channels will send the email to the guest.
- The “Guest Reviews” feature of Hostaway allows you to receive reviews from the guest from the top channels, and you would be able to reply to the reviews that come from Airbnb and Booking.com.
Zeevou has a built-in guest CRM.
- All the bookings related to a guest are displayed under their Guest Profile, whether the booking is pulled in from an OTA or your direct booking website.
- Payments and all the bookings are recorded in these guest profiles.
- Through the guest CRM, you can send notes, emails, and text messages to your guests, as well as log tasks that relate to them.
- You can keep track of whether or not a guest has already been verified in Zeevou.
- Guest profiles can be created in Zeevou even if they do not have a booking yet.
Zeevou enables you to:
- Record maintenance issues.
- Keep track of who reported them and how urgent they are.
- Add a description and upload attachments.
- Track the issues as they progress through various stages of completion.
- Avoid expensive call-out fees by checking whether a staff member has verified the issue reported yet or not.
- Get housekeepers to report maintenance issues at the point of cleaning by submitting them through Zeevou’s Mobile App.
- Connects to Properly and Doinn, so if you have an account on these platforms, you can outsource your maintenance operations.
- Allows assigning tasks to the user, supervisor, and teams, which can be managed from both the system and the mobile app.
- Lets the cleaners attach photos or leave comments so that you will be informed about an issue.
Zeevou has released a mobile app for use by members of your team, which is the mobile version of Zeevou Hub. The Host App doesn’t currently include all the Hub’s features since it takes longer to develop them thoroughly on mobile. This application is under test now. With Zeevou Host App,
- You can see upcoming arrivals and pending check-outs based on a specific timeline in the booking section.
- In the booking list, each reservation is specified by the lead guest’s name, the channel, and the arrival/departure dates. It also shows the booking statuses with various colours and illustrates if the booking has cleaning or maintenance problems.
- You can easily create a booking via Zeevou’s Host App when receiving a call from your guests anytime and anywhere (this option is not included in the first release).
- You can take care of cleaning issues promptly.
- You have all your messages unified in one inbox.
- You can use the booking actions such as extending and splitting the booking or changing the booking status.
- You can apply filters based on dates, property, booking status, payment status, and security deposit status.
The mobile app for housekeepers is a native mobile app available for Android and iOS. Zeevou mobile app enables you to:
- Automate the creation and assignment of check-out and mid-stay housekeeping tasks.
- Create tasks manually.
- Communicate essential points to your housekeepers within Zeevou.
- Get a report of any issues that housekeepers have noticed directly through the Zeevou Mobile App.
- Track the time and location at which housekeepers start and finish the cleans.
The Maintenance Mobile App, Investor Mobile App, and Guest Mobile App will be developed next. Further developments will cost you no money after being launched.
Hostaway’s app is useful for hosts and staff members.
- The team members can see the tasks that they have been assigned to. They can also check all the tasks related to their team and “accept” the task to complete it.
- Using the filter options, the staff member can search the tasks in their app and choose the one that applies to their role.
- The cleaners can upload photos as attachments on their mobile app.
- With Zeevou, you can manage a chain of properties or properties across different countries in one unified hub.
- You can set other currencies by property.
- The system architecture allows for global expansion as the structural hierarchy is based on multiple levels: countries, cities, areas, properties, buildings, floors, unit types, and units.
- Similar units are grouped under a unit type, allowing you to quickly shift bookings to maximise occupancy.
- At the property level, you can assign office staff, check-in staff, and housekeepers (a person, a team, or a company) who have limited access to the system. There are dedicated fields for check-in instructions, check-out instructions, and details on finding the property. These can all be pulled into the automated emails that you set up within Zeevou, avoiding the need to create a separate check-in template for each property.
- Zeevou enables you to operate multiple brands from one place while specifying a marketing distinction.
- You can enter your meta title and meta description for SEO purposes, in addition to specifying Open Graph Tags to optimise how your links are displayed across social media platforms.
- The hierarchy of the system is automatically reflected on Zeevou’s direct booking website and booking engine.
- Hostaway offers a tagging system that allows you to add tags to the listing to make filtering easier.
- In each listing, you can create a “Custom Field” and configure detailed information about the units.
- For manually creating a listing, you can add rooms and beds. The bed-type export feature is available for HomeAway and Booking.com.
- Some settings (content) in Hostaway can be exported to Airbnb such as discounts, minimum and maximum stay restrictions, check-in & check-out time, cleaning fee, extra guest fee, etc.
- The system allows you to cross-list the properties, and you will be able to set bookable properties as separate units and together as a whole.
Zeevou automates a large number of your day-to-day administrative tasks centrally.
- Check-ins: The automated booking processing ensures that all the required steps have been completed before self check-in instructions are sent out.
- Housekeeping: Zeevou automatically generates check-out and mid-stay housekeeping tasks and assigns these to staff.
- Maintenance: Zeevou allows you to record and track the progress of your maintenance issues.
Zeevou allows you to provide real-time access to all your staff.
All users added to Zeevou can access the calendar and their tasks through the responsive web app to cut down on internal communications.
Zeevou allows you to create a profile for each company that you are outsourcing, like a cleaning provider, associating a manager profile with it and offers them a limited view of the booking calendar.
Zapier Integration connects your system to more than 3000 apps, including Google Calendar, Slack, Quickbooks, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Trello, Mailchimp, Benchmark, etc., for your vacation rental management.
- Hostaway allows you to create general tasks and reservation-based tasks and assign them to the team members. The assignee will get notified via email. As the manager, you will be provided with an overview of all tasks in some categories such as “to do,” “accepted,” “in progress,” and “done,” and you can see them on the calendar (tasks that are linked to reservations).
- The system allows you to put the staff into groups and assign a supervisor. The tasks can be allocated to the listing, channels, or both.
- The tasks are based on the listings and events, and you can create them both manually and automatically. The manual task option is handy for not recurring tasks, and you can use the available options in the software to set them. The assignee can start and end the task from both the platform and mobile app. The system also allows you to set recurring tasks.
- There is a Time Report option that tells you how much time was spent on the task.
- You can add the following options to your tasks: a checklist, costs, resolution notes (giving and leaving feedback), and attachments (cleaners can upload images before and after cleaning)
- You can give permissions to the users to “view, modify, delete, and edit” the tasks. If the modification is done through the mobile app, any reservation changes will not be applied to the task.
Zeevou’s Owner Portal offers real-time access to owners and investors. Hosts can specify the access level of the owners, landlords, and investors.
Staff with access to financial details will see:
- Arrival and departure times.
- The number of guests staying.
- The finances relating to the booking.
- The Monthly Profit Report: they can see details of all income and expenses related to their property (Blaze and Dazzle hosts).
- Commissions held by booking agents.
- Management fees charged by hosts (Blaze and Dazzle hosts).
Hosts with access to guest data, in addition to the above, will see:
- The names and contact details of the guests staying.
Investors can also create bookings and block dates directly within Zeevou.
In Hostaway, you can give owners access to the system by setting an email address and password and defining the properties they are allowed to see. The system enables you to let the owner see the listings, reservations, calendar, or all of them. You can allow them to modify, create, or delete listings and reservations, as well.
Zeevou streamlines the whole booking process and takes care of everything before a guest is given access. Zeevou:
- Sends a 3-D Secure Payment Link to collect payments for bookings and add-ons, reducing the chances of fraud and chargebacks.
- Allows you to integrate with payment gateways (PayPal, Stripe, Elavon, Worldpay, and First Data) to set different levels of security requirements based on the transaction amount.
- Enables you to log payments taken outside of the system in cash, by bank transfer, or through a card reader.
- Allows you to take payments over the phone.
- Has the option of turning on weekly or monthly invoicing.
- Has the Partial Payment Link feature to generate a payment link to collect payment for part of a booking to split the cost of a booking between guests.
Hostaway’s payment partners are Stripe and Braintree (Braintree does not pre-authorise the deposit).
- You can specify whether you process the payment by credit card or send an invoice to the guests with the payment instructions manually.
- When the invoice is created, you can charge your guests directly from the invoice; their credit card will be charged, and the amount will be managed on your Stripe account.
- You can set automatic invoices for new reservations and decide whether they will be created for all channels or only for a specific one. You can also link the invoices to some or all listings. You can set up auto-charge and split charge by scheduling the triggers (based on reservation, check-in, and check-out). You have the ability to pause or edit a charge at any time.
- Pre-authorisation only works for auto-charge and auto-invoices.
- You should manually mark the invoice as fully or partially paid.
- The reports can be filtered and sorted based on various fields. Specific searches can be saved to be reused in the future.
- Data can be exported and downloaded as CSV or Excel files.
- Zeevou offers Profit Analysis for both hosts and investors in real-time. In this report, information about channel commissions, card payment fees, and profit of selling add-ons can be provided.
- A number of operational reports can also be accessed by users, their staff, and outsourced companies.
Hostaway provides you with reports that you can view based on listing level and channel level.
Through these graphics, you can see:
- rental revenue per channel.
- booking nights per channel.
- rental revenue per reservation per channel.
- daily reservation received per channel.
- reservation per channel.
You can use the sample formula included in the system or create your calculations by selecting some values related to taxes like city tax, sales tax, and other values related to reservations like Damage Deposit and Additional Cleaning Cancelation Fee. After creating this, you will be able to check the Financial Report.
The Occupancy Report gives you information about days available, days booked, total check-in, revenue, revenue/days booked, revenue/days available, cancellations, etc.
Alternatively, Zeevou enables you to adapt the rate plans automatically by Rate Rules. This feature allows you to define your own rules to have a more customised rate-setting.
Hostaway has integration with Pricelabs, Beyond, and Wheelhouse.
Zeevou provides setup, onboarding, and training support for free for all the Dazzle, Glow and Blaze hosts. You get a Partner Success Manager who will accompany you throughout onboarding and support you should you have any queries or concerns.
Zeevou will automatically import all your future Airbnb and Booking.com bookings, and you can import the rest using the Bulk Booking Import functionality.
Zeevou’s onboarding support is provided for as long as you need, as the ultimate goal is to make sure that you feel confident in using the system and get all the support you require.
For any specific queries, bug reports, or to request new features, the built-in support system allows you to Raise a Hand directly to the developers.
Zeevou’s monthly Host Forums also allow you to provide your feedback on the recently released features and contribute to Zeevou’s roadmap.
Hostaway facilitates being in touch with the support team and receiving assistance for most of the updates and configurations. They hold webinars when there is an update, and guides for setting up the system are available.
There is a fixed charge for the setup.
Zeevou has integration with Xero. The Xero integration automates posting of invoices, incomes, and expenses and simplifies reconciliation. Whenever a guest checks out, Xero automatically sends the invoice to you. Zeevou also allows you to differentiate between income within the system.
Zeevou supports standard invoicing, as well as proxy invoicing for managed units and TOMS invoicing for EU-based operators.
Investor Deals in Zeevou allow you to configure the system to calculate income and expenses to mirror the deal you have set up in real life in a highly customisable manner.
The invoices generated by Zeevou take into account the investor deal to work out the account they should be applied to and the tax schema to be used.
Zeevou also allows hosts to keep track of expenses – whether they are recurring or one-off or payment-related expenses, such as transaction costs or currency conversion fees. Expenses can also be allocated in full or in part to investors. The information around the splits in income and expenses between you and your investors is then taken into account in the Monthly Profit Report.
Zeevou also allows you to specify for each Investor Deal whether you want the funds to flow to your payment gateway or to that of the investor.
In Hostaway, if you want to integrate with your accounting system, you can use an Open API.
Zeevou’s Unified Inbox feature allows you to import all your emails, from emails from the OTAs to normal correspondence. In addition, you can access all messages from channel communications to text messages in the same place. It shows Airbnb and Booking.com messages from the enquiry level, while for other channels, it displays messages after booking confirmation.
In the conversation view of Zeevou Unified Inbox, communications are visible in a timeline with details.
You can see the details of the related booking in each communication. Also, each booking contains a log of all communications (whether emails or SMSes) that relate to them.
Hosaway’s unified inbox offers two views, which are the inbox and the guest conversation.
The inbox can be filtered by all listings, all channels, recent activity, and reservation status.
In the conversation page, you can find information such as the guest name, channel name (Airbnb only), check-in and check-out, name of the property, and the number of the guests. Some options link you to the calendar, booking page, and guest portal.
The guest portal contains the reservation details, photos, and Google Maps, and you can share its URL with your guests. The guests can also access the invoice, and they can leave a note for you.
Zeevou offers four sets of prices depending on the features included in each plan. These four pricing plans are Spark, Glow, Blaze, and Dazzle. The Spark plan, which is free, connects you to the community of hosts seeking to optimise their hospitality businesses. This plan includes a free direct booking website together with other basic but still very useful tools. The Glow plan’s main purpose is to increase your turnover by maximising bookings. Glow is 14 GBP per unit per month. The price per apartment on the Glow Plan is 24 GBP per month.
The Blaze plan will give the users a handful of Zeevou features which brings ultimate automation to its users. Blaze costs 38 GBP per unit per month and includes all the features of Spark and Glow plus:
- Small Group Business Support
- Rate Rules
- Check-Out Management
- Cleaning App
- Real-Time Reporting
- Maintenance Management
- All Integrations
- Task Management
- Unlimited Seats
- Custom CSS
- Dynamic Pricing (30 days rolling)
According to Zeevou’s pricing strategy, rooms cost less than apartments, and you can save up to 80% if you go with Annual Commitment. The more units you commit to Zeevou, the less you have to pay per each, and the price drops exponentially. All sign-ups come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Hostaway offers different pricing options. To get an accurate quote, you should contact them for your customised pricing plan. Hostaway charges 367.80 GBP ($500) as the setup fee. Typically, the price starts at 25.75 GBP ($35) per listing, but it drops down as the number of units increases.
There are two options for paying Hostaway subscriptions:
- commission-based (2% of monthly revenue)
- Flat rate
Based on a rough calculation for a business operating around 200 units, Hostaway pricing would be about 14.71 GBP ($20) per listing. Another estimation for four units with a different combination of features would be 11.03 GBP ($15) each and 183.90 GBP ($250) of setup fee.
Zeevou vs Hostaway: Which Property Management System to Choose?
Hostaway enables the user to advertise and list their properties on top channels easily. The company is looking to improve by adding new features. Hostaway communicates with its clients and develops what the users need or suggest. If you aim to concentrate on some channels, especially Airbnb, Hostaway provides you with a smooth synchronisation. However, Hostaway does not offer many tools to improve your direct bookings.
Zeevou allows both small and large businesses to make the most of the features and functionalities developed for utmost automation and direct booking promotion. Apart from aiming to maximise the amount of automation in different fields like messaging, guest experience, self-check-in, and direct booking, Zeevou offers financial solutions and operational tools such as cleaning, maintenance, staff, and contractor management. In other words, by signing up to Zeevou, you can access an all-in-one piece of software that manages all aspects of your business, and there are no hidden or extra charges. Bookkeeping and accounting for your vacation rental business will never be a hassle. You can specify how income, expenses, and add-ons sold should be split between different parties.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.