Zeevou vs Lodgify
This article examines Zeevou vs Lodgify by concentrating on the main features that a hospitality management software should offer. The data has been collected from Zeevou’s and Lodgify’s websites and help articles. We also checked their reviews at Capterra to find the aspects that the actual users are emphasising.
In Capterra, Zeevou has a rating of 5.0, with the highest score for Customer Service, Features, and Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Zeevou as a Great tool with a 3.9 TrustScore.
In Capterra, Lodgify has a rating of 4.5, with the highest score for Value for Money.
Trustpilot introduces Lodgify as an Excellent tool with a 4.4 TrustScore.
When you receive a booking in Zeevou, the system sends out an email to the guest, stating the steps waiting to be taken. You can customise the steps.
- General Information
- Guests can specify if they are booking for themselves or on behalf of someone else.
- Zeevou hides any forwarding email addresses from channels to capture the guests’ real email addresses and GDPR-compliant marketing consent.
- Business and leisure bookers are identified.
- Early check-ins and late check-outs can be upsold.
- Information like booking purposes and other custom questions can be asked.
- Guest Information
- This optional step enables you to collect further information on all the guests staying to enrich your contact database.
- You can even ask the guest to upload files like a scanned version of their passport/ID or a photo of their card.
- Zeevou’s e-signature feature allows you to get your terms and conditions digitally signed by guests.
- Zeevou shows if the guest has signed your terms and conditions. You can review all the information and verify the guest in the system.
- Once a guest has been marked as verified, a copy of the agreement envelope will be available for download.
- Upsells & Payment
- A pop-up appears, allowing guests to buy specific services and add-ons.
- A 3-D Secure Link is sent to the guests to complete their payment, ignoring card details sent across by channels. 3-D Secure Payment Links reduce the risk of unauthorised usage of cards.
- Guests can download a draft invoice for their stay at the point of payment.
- Security Deposit
- The system will automatically attempt to block and release the funds off the card according to the specified timeline.
- Guests can enter two separate cards for the payment and security deposit.
Zeevou’s Check-In Ready feature provides a visual tracking system that shows the status of each guest’s check-in process. Hosts can tailor the check-in process for each property by selecting specific steps that guests need to complete during the Booking Confirmation Process.
Zeevou’s check-out management feature shows who has left the property on time and who has not checked out yet.
- You can send a quote for guests’ reservations through the website showing the price, payment schedule, and cancellation and deposit policies.
- You can send a confirmation link via email to the guests, including reservation and payment information.
- You can set a quote expiry policy.
- You can choose how you would like to accept bookings (enquiry only, booking request, instant booking). For enquiry bookings, the system blocks the availability on other channels, and you may lose the chance of selling your nights.
- You can automate guest vetting using CheKin, a software solution for guests’ registration.
Zeevou offers 2-way API integrations with more than 200 channels from OTAs to property listing sites.
By using Zeevou,
- You can advertise your properties on Zeevou Direct, a commission-free OTA.
- You can add a fixed amount as a mark-up to compensate for the channel’s commission.
- You do not need to pay any extra fees or commissions for bookings that flow through Zeevou’s channel manager.
Lodgify’s channel manager allows bookings, calendars, and rates to be synchronised via API across top listing channels, such as Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, and Vrbo.
It supports iCal integration for other channels, including TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, Lastminute.com, Trivago, Hotelbeds, eDreams, etc.
- Lodgify synchronises images, descriptions, and listings with some of the top channels.
- On the Professional and Ultimate plans, you need to pay a commission for the bookings through the channels.
- There is a 1.9% fee for all bookings on the Starter plan, whether from the website or the channels.
Zeevou allows you to automate your cleaning management.
- Check-out & mid-stay housekeeping tasks are automatically generated according to your specified frequency of cleaning.
- You can keep track of housekeepers’ availability, and they can request leaves through the mobile app.
- Zeevou’s advanced allocation algorithm optimises task allocations to housekeepers based on the check-out and check-in times of guests, cleaners’ availability, and the average time needed to clean each unit type, taking into account travel time between properties.
- Housekeepers’ mobile app includes the status, the timing, and any notes you may have left for them. The system captures their time and location at the start and end of every task.
- Housekeepers can be required to take photos and videos for each task they complete so that you can check on the quality of the cleaning.
- Photos are timestamped to help combat unfounded guest complaints.
- Housekeepers can also report maintenance issues through the mobile app.
Lodgify’s task management software allows you to:
- Create and assign tasks to different members.
- Give users access and distribute responsibilities.
- Invite your team members to the platform and link them to the rentals; then, you need to create job templates and specific tasks that the team members should fulfil to complete the job. According to their role and relations to the job and rentals, team members will be notified on their mobile app when the job is created.
- Manually assign jobs to specific people.
With Lodgify task management,
- Staff can claim a job.
- You can set an inspector for the jobs (they can reject and approve the job).
- You can activate/deactivate a job according to your needs.
- Tasks are shown on the calendar.
- The task management feature is offered under the Ultimate subscription.
- There is a mobile application for the managers.
Zeevou offers a fully remote automated booking processing system that allows you to collect guest details, take payments, sort out security deposits, and verify your guests from your home or office remotely.
Whether you use key safes, door locks with codes, KeyNest, or any other solution, you are assured that guests will not be sent any check-in instructions unless they have met all the conditions that you choose to set.
RemoteLock integration with Zeevou allows property managers to use various smart locks. Self-expiring PIN codes can be created to track the guests’ arrivals and departures. It also provides a convenient check-in and check-out experience for the guests.
Lodgify uses triggers to automate guest communication.
- A “pre-check-in form” will be sent asking the guests’ arrival information, details, and IDs.
- The guest app provides them with information about the rental, access, address, Wi-Fi details, and recommendations about what to do in the area. (You can withhold sensitive info like access code until the payment has been completed.)
- Once the guests check out, they will no longer be able to access the app.
- Automatic and manual SMS reminders can be sent.
- If you want to link into software for automatic self check-in, you should use Zapier.
- Zeevou offers free direct booking websites which automatically transfer the information of your properties, unit types, and units from the PMS to the website.
- Zeevou’s website reflects all reservations made through your website in your central calendar.
- Zeevou generates a page for every country, city, and property similar to the system’s hierarchy.
- There are no booking-related charges for direct bookings.
- Zeevou’s booking engine pulls live rates and availability and supports multi-currency setups.
- You can collect payments through digital payment gateways and make safe payments with 3-D Secure Links.
- Zeevou’s website is mobile-friendly and compatible with all devices.
- The website is SEO-friendly and customisable, allowing you to create custom pages.
- It has a blog section to help you rank higher on search engines.
- The website has Open Tag Graphs for Facebook and Twitter content sharing.
- Zeevou integrates with the Google Search Console through the automatically generated sitemap, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, enabling you to track website performance.
- It integrates with WordPress through a plugin and other sites such as Wix using iFrame.
- You can create vouchers and promotions.
- You can set up add-ons to sell additional services as part of rate plans.
- Zeevou enables you to track and capture abandoned bookings at your direct booking website directly through Google Tag Manager.
- Zeevou allows you to add interactive features with custom scripts, such as live chat services.
- The website is GDPR-compliant.
- By connecting to your Airbnb account, your Airbnb reviews will show up automatically on your direct booking website.
Instant Website BuilderYou can instantly convert your Airbnb listings into a free direct booking website with Zeevou. New users only need to copy and paste their Airbnb listing URL into the corresponding field on the website builder page, and the process of creating their website will begin automatically. Zeevou will read the Airbnb page and automatically populate the listing section of your website with relevant information. You only need to review the imported data – to make changes where necessary – and add specific details, including rates and min/max stay.
- Lodgify offers a website with an integrated booking engine.
- It is mobile-friendly, and users can create their domain.
- On the Starter plan, there is a 1.9% fee for direct bookings.
The SEO-friendly website created by Lodgify:
- Is customisable, allowing you to create custom pages.
- Allows you to add Google Analytics.
- Can be integrated with WordPress, Wix, Drupal, Joomla, Weebly, and Squarespace.
- allows hosts to set weekly and monthly rates.
- ensures that monthly invoices for extended stays do not vary from month to month.
- allows for the setting of multiple rate plans running in parallel so that a different rate can be adopted for a nightly stay to that of a monthly stay for the same listing.
Lodgify allows you to set prices per night, week, month, weekdays, and season.
- After completing the automated booking process, the guest will be informed that their booking has been confirmed.
- Airbnb Messaging Autoresponder automatically responds to your guests when you are not available, thus boosting your Airbnb ranking.
- The notifications of Airbnb are shown in Zeevou because Airbnb supports API messaging. You can reply to the notification within Zeevou, and your replies will be displayed on Airbnb to guests.
- The notifications of Booking.com are also shown in Zeevou thanks to Booking.com messaging API.
- You can automate the sharing of a house manual with information on the property or details of local businesses and attractions.
- Closer to arrival, you can automate the sending of check-in instructions, including the ability to attach a check-in guide for each property.
- Customisable trigger rules and variable-based templates help you improve the guest experience.
- The VIP Guest Flagging feature of Zeevou enables you to keep track of your VIP guests, offering personalised services to them and enhancing their loyalty. You can flag your existing and new guest profiles with Gold, Silver, or Bronze badges.
- Zeevou’s integration with Guest Guru, a conversational AI platform, provides personalised responses and automates guest interactions.
Lodgify allows you to:
- Set up a list of existing automated emails to communicate with your guests. You can check up on them during their stay.
- Prepare a digital form of house rules, instructions, and access codes.
- Send review-request email templates.
Zeevou has a built-in guest CRM.
- All the bookings related to a guest are displayed under their Guest Profile, whether the booking is pulled in from an OTA or your direct booking website.
- Payments and all the bookings are recorded in these guest profiles.
- Through the guest CRM, you can send notes, emails, and text messages to your guests, as well as log tasks that relate to them.
- You can keep track of whether or not a guest has already been verified in Zeevou.
- Guest profiles can be created in Zeevou even if they do not have a booking yet.
In Lodgify, you can communicate with your guests using the built-in guest CRM.
- The system does not collect the email addresses, and if you want to have a guest list, you should manually create it. You should create a booking and then fill in customer data.
- Using the list, through the free integration with MailChimp, you can send out marketing emails.
Zeevou enables you to:
- Record maintenance issues.
- Keep track of who reported them and how urgent they are.
- Add a description and upload attachments.
- Track the issues as they progress through various stages of completion.
- Avoid expensive call-out fees by checking whether a staff member has verified the issue reported yet or not.
- Get housekeepers to report maintenance issues at the point of cleaning by submitting them through Zeevou’s Mobile App.
Lodgify allows managing the team on one single platform.
- You can specify what your team member can see and do.
- You can set a “picture request” and ask the housekeepers to upload photos.
Zeevou has released a mobile app for use by members of your team, which is the mobile version of Zeevou Hub. The Host App doesn’t currently include all the Hub’s features since it takes longer to develop them thoroughly on mobile. This application is under test now. With Zeevou Host App,
- You can see upcoming arrivals and pending check-outs based on a specific timeline in the booking section.
- In the booking list, each reservation is specified by the lead guest’s name, the channel, and the arrival/departure dates. It also shows the booking statuses with various colours and illustrates if the booking has cleaning or maintenance problems.
- You can easily make a block date or create a booking via Zeevou’s Host App when receiving a call from your guests anytime and anywhere.
- You can take care of cleaning issues promptly.
- You have all your messages unified in one inbox.
- You can use the booking actions such as extending and splitting the booking or changing the booking status.
- You can apply filters based on dates, property, booking status, payment status, and security deposit status.
The mobile app for housekeepers is a native mobile app available for Android and iOS. Zeevou mobile app enables you to:
- Automate the creation and assignment of check-out and mid-stay housekeeping tasks.
- Create tasks manually.
- Communicate essential points to your housekeepers within Zeevou.
- Get a report of any issues that housekeepers have noticed directly through the Zeevou Mobile App.
- Track the time and location at which housekeepers start and finish the cleans.
The Maintenance Mobile App, Investor Mobile App, and Guest Mobile App will be developed next. Further developments will cost you no money after being launched.
Lodgify’s mobile app has been developed for tracking operations.
- The mobile app has the functionality of the desktop version of the software.
- The guests can communicate with the host through Lodgify’s guest app.
- With Zeevou, you can manage a chain of properties or properties across different countries in one unified hub.
- You can set other currencies by property.
- The system architecture allows for global expansion as the structural hierarchy is based on multiple levels: countries, cities, areas, properties, buildings, floors, unit types, and units.
- Similar units are grouped under a unit type, allowing you to quickly shift bookings to maximise occupancy.
- At the property level, you can assign office staff, check-in staff, and housekeepers (a person, a team, or a company) who have limited access to the system. There are dedicated fields for check-in instructions, check-out instructions, and details on finding the property. These can all be pulled into the automated emails that you set up within Zeevou, avoiding the need to create a separate check-in template for each property.
- Zeevou enables you to operate multiple brands from one place while specifying a marketing distinction.
- You can enter your meta title and meta description for SEO purposes, in addition to specifying Open Graph Tags to optimise how your links are displayed across social media platforms.
- The hierarchy of the system is automatically reflected on Zeevou’s direct booking website and booking engine.
- You can create properties in different locations.
- Rentals are also imported from Airbnb.
- You cannot move the reservations from one apartment to another one.
Zeevou automates a large number of your day-to-day administrative tasks centrally.
- Check-ins: The automated booking processing ensures that all the required steps have been completed before self check-in instructions are sent out.
- Housekeeping: Zeevou automatically generates check-out and mid-stay housekeeping tasks and assigns these to staff.
- Maintenance: Zeevou allows you to record and track the progress of your maintenance issues.
Zeevou allows you to provide real-time access to all your staff.
All users added to Zeevou can access the calendar and their tasks through the responsive web app to cut down on internal communications.
Zeevou allows you to create a profile for each company that you are outsourcing, like a cleaning provider, associating a manager profile with it and offers them a limited view of the booking calendar.
Zapier Integration connects your system to more than 3000 apps, including Google Calendar, Slack, Quickbooks, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Trello, Mailchimp, Benchmark, etc., for your vacation rental management.
- You can have an outlined list of all the things that need to be done and check when the property has been cleaned.
- With the mobile app, you can oversee all the tasks and manage the team.
- You can assign specific people to supervise and review tasks once they have been completed.
Zeevou’s Owner Portal offers real-time access to owners and investors. Hosts can specify the access level of the owners, landlords, and investors.
Staff with access to financial details will see:
- Arrival and departure times.
- The number of guests staying.
- The finances relating to the booking.
- The Monthly Profit Report: they can see details of all income and expenses related to their property (Blaze and Dazzle hosts).
- Commissions held by booking agents.
- Management fees charged by hosts (Blaze and Dazzle hosts).
Hosts with access to guest data, in addition to the above, will see:
- The names and contact details of the guests staying.
Investors can also create bookings and block dates directly within Zeevou.
Lodgify provides homeowners access to keep them updated by creating different roles within the platform and assigning specific permissions to each owner.
The owners can add properties to the website and edit the details and availability themselves.
There is a mobile app for owners.
Zeevou streamlines the whole booking process and takes care of everything before a guest is given access. Zeevou:
- Sends a 3-D Secure Payment Link to collect payments for bookings and add-ons, reducing the chances of fraud and chargebacks.
- Allows you to integrate with payment gateways (PayPal, Stripe, Elavon, Worldpay, and First Data) to set different levels of security requirements based on the transaction amount.
- Enables you to log payments taken outside of the system in cash, by bank transfer, or through a card reader.
- Allows you to take payments over the phone.
- Has the option of turning on weekly or monthly invoicing.
- Has the Partial Payment Link feature to generate a payment link to collect payment for part of a booking to split the cost of a booking between guests.
Lodgify has integration with Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.net, and Payyo as payment gateways.
You can accept a set of credit cards for your website: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- The payment is not through 3-D Secure Payment, and you can only charge card details.
- It accepts bank transfers, cheques, and cash.
- You can add payments manually and send payment requests and payment reminders.
- Pre-authorisation can only be granted for seven days.
- Lodgify charges you a 1% transaction fee.
- You can set 2-3 payments: a percentage at the time of the booking and the remainder some days before arrival, for example.
- The reports can be filtered and sorted based on various fields. Specific searches can be saved to be reused in the future.
- Data can be exported and downloaded as CSV or Excel files.
- Zeevou offers Profit Analysis for both hosts and investors in real-time. In this report, information about channel commissions, card payment fees, and profit of selling add-ons can be provided.
- A number of operational reports can also be accessed by users, their staff, and outsourced companies.
- Zeevou’s Performance Report gives interactive details of relevant KPIs for operational decision-making. Each KPI has its own chart with different views based on the chosen time frame.
You can filter specific months and days of the year, as well as a specific property on your report.
Zeevou also offers a free Dynamic Pricing feature that enables you to receive dynamic rates from PriceLabs within a minimum and maximum rate boundary. You can specify the rate plans you want to apply rates to for 30 days rolling.
Alternatively, Zeevou enables you to adapt the rate plans automatically by Rate Rules. This feature allows you to define your own rules to have a more customised rate-setting.
Lodgify integrates with PriceLabs and Outswitch.
Zeevou provides setup, onboarding, and training support for free for all the Dazzle, Glow and Blaze hosts. You get a Partner Success Manager who will accompany you throughout onboarding and support you should you have any queries or concerns.
Zeevou will automatically import all your future Airbnb and Booking.com bookings, and you can import the rest using the Bulk Booking Import functionality.
Zeevou’s onboarding support is provided for as long as you need, as the ultimate goal is to make sure that you feel confident in using the system and get all the support you require.
For any specific queries, bug reports, or to request new features, the built-in support system allows you to Raise a Hand directly to the developers.
Zeevou’s monthly Host Forums also allow you to provide your feedback on the recently released features and contribute to Zeevou’s roadmap.
Lodgify provides onboarding for you under the Professional and Ultimate plans if you manage three listings and more.
If you are an Ultimate subscriber, you will be trained on PM Modules, including accounting and task management.
The software shows the users the account progress and tells you what steps are left to thoroughly set up your system.
There are articles and instructions both on the website and in the software itself.
Zeevou has integration with Xero. The Xero integration automates posting of invoices, incomes, and expenses and simplifies reconciliation. Whenever a guest checks out, Xero automatically sends the invoice to you. Zeevou also allows you to differentiate between income within the system.
Zeevou supports standard invoicing, as well as proxy invoicing for managed units and TOMS invoicing for EU-based operators.
Investor Deals in Zeevou allow you to configure the system to calculate income and expenses to mirror the deal you have set up in real life in a highly customisable manner.
The invoices generated by Zeevou take into account the investor deal to work out the account they should be applied to and the tax schema to be used.
Zeevou also allows hosts to keep track of expenses – whether they are recurring or one-off or payment-related expenses, such as transaction costs or currency conversion fees. Expenses can also be allocated in full or in part to investors. The information around the splits in income and expenses between you and your investors is then taken into account in the Monthly Profit Report.
Zeevou also allows you to specify for each Investor Deal whether you want the funds to flow to your payment gateway or to that of the investor.
- You can keep track of your income and payments, pending and transferred payments of both employees and guests.
- You can generate invoices for employees.
- You can keep track of the expenses.
- The system allows you to create accounting statements. The statements will be updated automatically based on received and sent payments.
- The amounts on the payments are not automatically updated.
- There is no bank account for the owner; the split proportions of income on each booking are for reporting purposes.
Zeevou’s Unified Inbox feature allows you to import all your emails, from emails from the OTAs to normal correspondence. In addition, you can access all messages from channel communications to text messages in the same place. It shows Airbnb and Booking.com messages from the enquiry level, while for other channels, it displays messages after booking confirmation.
In the conversation view of Zeevou Unified Inbox, communications are visible in a timeline with details.
You can see the details of the related booking in each communication. Also, each booking contains a log of all communications (whether emails or SMSes) that relate to them.
Lodgify does not offer a unified inbox, but to communicate with the guests, you have two ways:
- You can enter the reservation system and send a message directly from there (this feature synchronises with Airbnb and Vrbo chats). There are some “canned emails” that you can choose.
- You can reply to the guest via email. Each booking has a unique Email String. When you respond to this string, the conversation will be saved in the reservation.
Which automated emails are sent to your guest depends on the channel. For example, if the reservation is from Airbnb, “2 days before rental arrival” and “2 days after rental departure” emails will be sent automatically.
Zeevou offers four sets of prices depending on the features included in each plan. These four pricing plans are Spark, Glow, Blaze, and Dazzle. The Spark plan, which is free, connects you to the community of hosts seeking to optimise their hospitality businesses. This plan includes a free direct booking website together with other basic but still very useful tools. The Glow plan’s main purpose is to increase your turnover by maximising bookings.
The price per self-catering apartment/unit on the Glow Plan is 24 GBP per month. The Blaze plan will give the users a handful of Zeevou features which brings ultimate automation to its users. Blaze costs 38 GBP per unit per month and includes all the features of Spark and Glow plus:
- Small Group Business Support
- Rate Rules
- Check-Out Management
- Cleaning App
- Real-Time Reporting
- Maintenance Management
- All Integrations
- Task Management
- Unlimited Seats
- Custom CSS
- Dynamic Pricing (30 days rolling)
According to Zeevou’s pricing strategy, rooms cost less than apartments, and you can save up to 80% if you go with Annual Commitment. The more units you commit to Zeevou, the less you have to pay per each, and the price drops exponentially. All sign-ups come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Lodgify’s pricing starts at £146.65 ($199) per month and varies depending on the total number of rentals and features:
- Starter: £8.84 ($12)
- Professional: £23.58 ($32)
- Ultimate: £35.37 ($48)
Lodgify offers a 20% discount on annual subscriptions and a 25% discount on two-year plans when the users pay upfront. The users receive a free custom domain under annual subscriptions and two-year plans.
Zeevou vs Lodgify: Which Property Management System to Choose?
Lodgify would be the right choice if you run a small rental business and wish to have a user-friendly website. If your properties are listed only on Airbnb, Lodgify would be a good option because they have been chosen as a Preferred Software Partner by Airbnb. It means that Lodgify provides the requisite functionality and software connections that meet Airbnb’s technical benchmarks. However, because of the limited integration with other channels, you may not have a good chance to widen your reach the way you might wish to.
Zeevou allows both small and large businesses to make the most of the features and functionalities developed for utmost automation and direct booking promotion. Apart from aiming to maximise the amount of automation in different fields like messaging, guest experience, self-check-in, and direct booking, Zeevou offers financial solutions and operational tools such as cleaning, maintenance, staff, and contractor management. In other words, by signing up to Zeevou, you can access an all-in-one piece of software that manages all aspects of your business, and there are no hidden or extra charges. Bookkeeping and accounting for your vacation rental business will never be a hassle. You can specify how income, expenses, and add-ons sold should be split between different parties.
We are committed to ensuring that all our comparison articles are factually entirely correct and accurate. If you have spotted anything that you feel is wrong or misleading in this article, we’d appreciate hearing from you.