If your guest has damaged your property, you want to capture some or the whole amount of the security deposit. To do so, you should:
- Go to booking view page.
- Click on orange Finance button.
- Click on Capture Security Deposit.
- Choose the Penalty Type. You can define a Penalty Type in the Settings just for Security Deposit. Otherwise, you can choose Penalty.
- Associated Cost means how much is the actual cost of the damage. It is for your own financial report.
- Amount to Capture is the amount you want to capture from the security deposit.
- The Reason will populate the automated email sent to the guests informing them that you are charging them for the damage they have caused.
- At the end, click on Confirm.
You can only capture the security deposit only once.
If you capture the security deposit through your payment gateway, you can just log the amount.